IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Tire Dopers
4/1/22, 7:04 PM   #221
Hamby454

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
Yes but if the second samples taken showed the exact same results for all four teams. Not from one, But three labs. This proves the first samples and lab findings FALSE.
Everything I’ve read and heard is the first lab tested the same samples twice. Both coming back bad. Then new samples were acquired and sent to the other labs coming back clean but if you a source that clearly states I’m wrong I’d love to read it! I hope I am! And yes I see where Usac says the same sample was on used, but for me that only brings in more questions. Can you really test the exact same piece of rubber 4 times? From people who understand any type of lab work far more than me the answer is no. So I’m personally not taking usacs word as gospel on that part. I’m actually bringing on even more questions to the validity of their press release saying it’s the same sample. Based on previous experiences it seems most lab results take approximately a week or 2 to get back. How did this 1 sample get tested and results back from 3 labs in such quick turn around all of the sudden? When did the initial results come back. I don’t see that info on usacs website.
Last edited by Hamby454; 4/1/22 at 7:36 PM.

2 members like this post: chrismattlin, dshort36
4/1/22, 7:33 PM   #222
sp6967

the question is, what would levi do?

4/1/22, 7:43 PM   #223
DirtTrackTherapy16J

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrismattlin View Post
I've kept my opinions out of this thread until there was some (any) type of resolution. And even though I'm not sure I'd consider this resolved, I'll say this: there is a self-made man who has lived in the USAC world for longer than I've been alive. He is one of the most respected car owners in all of American motorsports with corporate backing from the #9 company on the Fortune 500 list. In my many encounters with this man, he has exhibited the utmost integrity, honesty, and respect. This man of high esteem is not buying what USAC is selling, to the point that he seems disgusted. This man's name is Keith Kunz and I have zero reasons to doubt him.
Not that it matters what I think, and although I like your comments and agree with most of what you said and I have gotten to meet Mr. Kunz over the past few seasons and have a great deal of respect for him and like him as a person, here's the question to your comments...let's say he is/was going to abandon USAC for Sprint Championship...is he going to abandon Midgets Championship as well or no that isn't an issue? Midgets isnt part of this tire doping situation but USAC is USAC isnt it? Regardless of car class?

3 members like this post: chrismattlin, okie, TQ97
4/1/22, 7:49 PM   #224
TQ29m

I am of the opinion, that even if you use a lowly durometer, in front of God and everyone involved, even if it is flawed , the fact that you did, and they saw you do it, it is better than sending it to who knows where, and no one sees anything tested, there's comfort in that at least, once you remove it from the area, it becomes a question.

4 members like this post: fish, Jim Gardner, sprint38racer, The Old Coyote
4/1/22, 8:05 PM   #225
Re: Tire Dopers
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Like I said, I and others who don't know squat. Still don't.

There have guns out there that you can put up against car paint on a car and it will tell you what color combinations, amount of thinner etc to match it.

If that can happen, Why not a spot checking type of gun. If that spot check fails then send those samples initialed, sealed validated by team to lab. Again, IN PERSON, for all to see.

Know the Durometer thing was enforced at Bloomington a couple years ago after it was determined there was a problem. Don't know if there has been any problem since.

Also recently found that two prior teams *Busted* by USAC had been found to have known doping compounds seen by the lab many times before and the results were not contested.

Like I said. Knowing they are testing, You still do it? not just one, but four, In a way not seen before or known? In the exact same way. Sounds more fishy to me than the lab screwing it up.

4/1/22, 8:14 PM   #226
chrismattlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtTrackTherapy16J View Post
Not that it matters what I think, and although I like your comments and agree with most of what you said and I have gotten to meet Mr. Kunz over the past few seasons and have a great deal of respect for him and like him as a person, here's the question to your comments...let's say he is/was going to abandon USAC for Sprint Championship...is he going to abandon Midgets Championship as well or no that isn't an issue? Midgets isnt part of this tire doping situation but USAC is USAC isnt it? Regardless of car class?
I'm not sure that he could abandon the Midget National Championship since it's his business. Not only does he cash checks from families in return for his services, he also cashes those Toyota checks and companies like that pay up front, at least partially. All of those entities are going to expect what they already paid for. The sprint car is a different story- I believe he was going to do that just because he loves it; he even intimated that it was going to be on a race-by-race basis initially. And I'm sure Cary and Mike won't be too upset over it since they do it just because they love it too.

2 members like this post: DirtTrackTherapy16J, sprint38racer
4/1/22, 8:45 PM   #227
DirtTrackTherapy16J

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrismattlin View Post
I'm not sure that he could abandon the Midget National Championship since it's his business. Not only does he cash checks from families in return for his services, he also cashes those Toyota checks and companies like that pay up front, at least partially. All of those entities are going to expect what they already paid for. The sprint car is a different story- I believe he was going to do that just because he loves it; he even intimated that it was going to be on a race-by-race basis initially. And I'm sure Cary and Mike won't be too upset over it since they do it just because they love it too.
Not that I am arguing with you or debating with you, you likely know way more then I do, but it's not different. IF your abandoning USAC bc of rules/unfairness/etc...then you abandon USAC...not pick and choose which car series...USAC is USAC...just saying that whole situation makes 0 sense...yes pick and choose which race you want bc Sprints are not priority #1, I get it, but it's just that...its choosing of races...not abandoning USAC as some claim. IF your abandoning USAC then you abandon USAC, that cut and dry.
Last edited by DirtTrackTherapy16J; 4/1/22 at 8:47 PM.

3 members like this post: 1021gpa, chrismattlin, Joekocjan
4/1/22, 9:25 PM   #228
dustbowl

Keith has contracts with midgets. The tire they run in midgets is also so soft there’s no need to soften it. I’m betting if it wasn’t for those contracts he’d be gone from that too.

3 members like this post: chrismattlin, dshort36, JG5G
4/1/22, 9:44 PM   #229
revjimk

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinser View Post
This
Thanks, but I already knew that...
So Kunz is mad that other teams are getting preferential treatment?
I have no idea about all this debate going on for 27 pages.... never really cared for detective stories

4/1/22, 10:13 PM   #230
Mattmac05

People are doping no matter what you guys want to believe. It’s been going on for awhile actually. USAC has been using their big broom to sweep it under a rug even before Levi left. This news is no shock to any race team. And since it has been brought up Kendall Ruble won that race. He beat other guys doping. Doping is like steroids in baseball and cycling. Pretty common

4 members like this post: dshort36, Oleman61x, sprint17jr, yeleyfan76
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Tire Dopers