IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Usac: Going big: Lucas oil raceway reveals 2022 usac schedul
10/27/21, 10:10 AM   #1
Usac: Going big: Lucas oil raceway reveals 2022 usac schedul
admin

10/27/21 10:05 AM GOING BIG: LUCAS OIL RACEWAY REVEALS 2022 USAC SCHEDULE

http://usacracing.com/news/silver-cr...-usac-schedule

GOING BIG: LUCAS OIL RACEWAY REVEALS 2022 USAC SCHEDULE

Indianapolis, Indiana (October 27, 2021)………America’s great race place, Lucas Oil Raceway in Brownsburg, Ind., will host a bevy of mega events throughout the 2022 season for USAC Silver Crown, Sprint Cars and Midget racing at the .686-mile paved oval.

OPEN-WHEEL OPENING DAY: SATURDAY, MARCH 26, 2022

The 2022 schedule on the Lucas Oil Raceway oval begins with Open-Wheel Opening Day, a doubleheader of open-wheel action on Saturday, March 26.* The National Pavement Midget Championship will make its debut with a 35-lap, $5,000 to win feature as well as the return of Champion Sprint Cars for their own 35-lap, $5,000 to win feature.

All Midget and Sprint Car programs at Lucas Oil Raceway will be considered USAC non-points special events.

Additionally, this will be the first of four events on the 2022 Lucas Oil Raceway oval calendar that will host a National Pavement Midget Championship feature, with each race paying $5,000 to win.* The end-of-season point fund will be worth $10,000, with the champion taking home $2,500.* There will also be a bonus payout for the Rookie of the Year.

An open test will be held on Friday, March 25 from 3:00 to 6:00 PM preceding this event for teams to prepare.

CARB NIGHT CLASSIC: FRIDAY, MAY 27, 2022

The Carb Night Classic returns to Lucas Oil Raceway in 2022 on Friday, May 27.* Featuring multiple classes of open-wheel racing on the Friday before the Indianapolis 500, it will be a night to remember.

The 2022 edition of the Carb Night Classic will feature Road to Indy’s Indy Pro 2000 (90 laps) and USF2000 (75 laps) Championships, as well as a 30-lap National Pavement Midget Championship feature paying $5,000 to win and a 100-lap points-paying USAC Silver Crown National Championship race which pays $10,000 to win.

THURSDAY NIGHT THUNDER HOMECOMING: THURSDAY, JUNE 30, 2022

After being revived in 2021, the Thursday Night Thunder Homecoming will return in 2022 with a focus on celebrating the personalities and broadcasts that made the track a staple in living rooms across the country.

The event, which helped establish names like Jeff Gordon, Tony Stewart, Ryan Newman and Kasey Kahne, will continue to build a foundation for racers of current and future generations.

This night will feature the third points race in the National Pavement Midget Championship (a 35-lap feature, $5,000 to win), Champion Sprint Cars (35-lap feature, $5,000 to win) and the exclusive USAC Silver Crown Shootout, a 10-car field fighting for $13,000 in prize money within a 25-lap non-points special event feature.

OPEN-WHEEL CHAMPIONSHIP SATURDAY: SATURDAY, OCTOBER 22, 2022

Capping off a busy oval season, Championship Saturday will feature three unique season-finales for the USAC Silver Crown National Championship, National Pavement Midget Championship and Sprint Cars – all in one day!

The Saturday, October 22 event will host the 100-lap, $10,000 to win USAC Silver Crown National Championship finale, as well as 40-lap, $5,000 to win features in the National Pavement Midget Championship and Sprint Cars.

Additionally, the 2022 AJ Foyt Championship winner will be crowned on this day, adding a new name to a list of track champions that includes legends such as Jeff Gordon, Parnelli Jones, Ryan Newman and more.

10/27/21, 3:52 PM   #2
Re: Usac: Going big: Lucas oil raceway reveals 2022 usac sch
Midget98

It's about time USAC brings back pavement to the midget and sprint car championship points.

I'm sure the answer will be that it's just too expensive, but then this would be the perfect opportunity to lower costs by implementing a BMARA type engine rule for the pavement midgets and something similar in the pavement sprints.

10/27/21, 4:35 PM   #3
K92

It costs more to run a dirt car than a pavement car...

10/27/21, 5:39 PM   #4
jdull99

& 80% of the field will show up with full time crew members, semi-rigs, carbon fiber bodies, etc...
Steel$ & Deal$ Swap Meet & Car Shows (next location; TBD...)

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
10/28/21, 3:40 PM   #5
Midget98

Quote:
Originally Posted by K92 View Post
It costs more to run a dirt car than a pavement car...
I'm curious how you figure that.

10/29/21, 5:37 PM   #6
K92

So I take care of the 92 crown car and before I was the crew chief on it I was the tire guy. As far back as my notes show, pretty much every pavement race I only buy 1 set of new tires and have a second set of scuff tires that I practice on. I also am the crew chief on the 7x RMS midget and take care of all the tires for the whole team. Your stagger will vary a 1/4" on pavement if you have a good baseline. On dirt your stagger can change 3" or more a night so you have to have enough tires mounted to do that.

10/29/21, 8:50 PM   #7
bart

Quote:
Originally Posted by K92 View Post
So I take care of the 92 crown car and before I was the crew chief on it I was the tire guy. As far back as my notes show, pretty much every pavement race I only buy 1 set of new tires and have a second set of scuff tires that I practice on. I also am the crew chief on the 7x RMS midget and take care of all the tires for the whole team. Your stagger will vary a 1/4" on pavement if you have a good baseline. On dirt your stagger can change 3" or more a night so you have to have enough tires mounted to do that.
Thanks for the clear explanation.

Bart

2 members like this post: chrismattlin, tirespinner
10/30/21, 10:07 AM   #8
chrismattlin

Greg Staab taught me how pavement was cheaper than racing dirt many moons ago.

Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Usac: Going big: Lucas oil raceway reveals 2022 usac schedul