IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Closed Thread
oppweld (Offline)
  #31 5/22/22 6:47 PM
Originally Posted by racefan20:
So since you live in Iowa would you go to any of these tracks next weekend anyway?
Since you know I'm from Iowa you should know we ain't got no sprint cars out there only Wanged Hogsheds. I like to support Indiana tracks about 20 times a year.
6 Likes: Grocery Guy, jonboat15, luckybuc97, opnwhlmnd, racenut69, tirespinner
racefan20 (Offline)
  #32 5/22/22 8:27 PM
Originally Posted by oppweld:
Since you know I'm from Iowa you should know we ain't got no sprint cars out there only Wanged Hogsheds. I like to support Indiana tracks about 20 times a year.
Thats a lot of driving, probably costs you 2-2 1/2 times as much to drive here as it did last year. I dont mind the wings on Flo but I can only think of once in the last 20 years that I've paid to go see them. That time the new track here in Indy was opening and I figured they deserved my support.

John Hoover

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus
2 Likes: PIT CART, tirespinner
Rapid Rick (Offline)
  #33 5/22/22 8:40 PM
It seems to me that losing the old Wednesday Race week date is not a good trade for the weekend before. Yes, I know there is a new kid in town, but lets not forget our old friends. Especially old friends who have put a lot on the line to make it better.
racefan20 (Offline)
  #34 5/22/22 8:48 PM
Originally Posted by Rapid Rick:
It seems to me that losing the old Wednesday Race week date is not a good trade for the weekend before. Yes, I know there is a new kid in town, but lets not forget our old friends. Especially old friends who have put a lot on the line to make it better.
They are running 2 nights at Circle City Wed-Thurs. Closer to the crowds coming to Indy for the race.

John Hoover

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus
ronmil (Offline)
  #35 5/22/22 10:59 PM
Any results from tonight?

Ron Miller
terrehautian (Offline)
  #36 5/23/22 12:22 AM
Ballou, bacon, seavey
3 Likes: RedRacer07, ronmil, tirespinner
Andrew S. Quinn (Offline)
  #37 5/23/22 10:57 AM
Originally Posted by ronmil:
Any results from tonight?
Does this break a consecutive streak?
2 Likes: luckybuc97, racenut69
ronmil (Offline)
  #38 5/23/22 11:13 PM
Originally Posted by Andrew S. Quinn:
Does this break a consecutive streak?
Do you mean for the Tony Hulman Classic?

Ron Miller
ronmil (Offline)
  #39 5/23/22 11:52 PM
I prefer the traditional Wednesday before the 500 Tony Hulman Classic. This is the first time it was ever run on an Indianapolis qualifying day.
I wound up not attending any racing because I decided not to go to Indy because of the dismal weather forecast.
I had considered stopping at THAT if I’d gone to Indy. I couldn’t attend Friday because it wouldn’t allow me to get any rest before going to Indy.
The week before Indy used to be filled with dirt track racing available at Terre Haute, Indy fairgrounds and Bloomington.
I hope they return the Tony Hulman Classic to Wednesday before the 500 again.
That’s my two cents worth.

Ron Miller
2 Likes: jdull99, tirespinner
Andrew S. Quinn (Offline)
  #40 5/24/22 2:56 AM
Originally Posted by ronmil:
Do you mean for the Tony Hulman Classic?
Yes the Tony Hulman Classic.
Closed Thread