IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
JMA1181 (Offline)
  #11 11/28/22 1:39 PM
Originally Posted by Gene Franckowiak:
Who is the "loose cannon" you speak of...have the sack to say it
The sack to say it? No problem at all, Scott Ronk. I got to see the live in person experience at Kokomo several years back.
3 Likes: Dirtfan, Morgan7m, tirespinner
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #12 11/28/22 2:33 PM
I think there is a big difference in
A group who made a investment Walls, Concession, lots of hard work (I give em that) who needs a return almost immediately on that investment to go forward.

2. Than a promotions company that as long as they average more money coming in than going out. Won't break the bank or compound on a negative $$ flow.

Promoters take it in the A$$ from several sides, Fans, Racers, Sanctions, employees, food distributors, Insurance Co's, CITIES or townships or fair boards

. If you can put butts in the seats and $$ in your pocket these days. I salute you.

Everyone is making their home entertainment center . Their leisure palace these days. 80in TV's, Surround sound, Order beer and snacks from the store delivered to their doorstep. What's the itinerary for tonight? NFL? FLO? NHL? Some streaming concert that was held fourty years ago?

Charles Nungester
6 Likes: Blackduce, captrat, chrismattlin, oldfan49, oppweld, PIT CART
BrentTFunk (Offline)
  #13 11/28/22 3:53 PM
Originally Posted by JMA1181:
The previous promoter seemed to make it work. I personally would worry more about the loose cannon that’s involved as a promoter now than the fair board. They didn’t sign this contract blindly, none of them. If they did, that’s on them. It’s amazing what some people will do for a title.
The previous promoter got blindsided when he was replaced. I thought he did a good job too. If this was an isolated situation, I would agree with you. The fair board has went through how many promoters in the last 40 years? It is a pretty consistent pattern. The article some one posted on here from the Terre Haute paper said many board members don't want the track.
3 Likes: duel, oppweld, tirespinner
oppweld (Offline)
  #14 11/29/22 2:40 PM
Terre Haute is my all-time favorite track! I'd drive to it just to watch hot laps. I hope peace can be made and racing returns in 2023. We are just getting the place headed in the right direction with the much needed upgrades. If racing returns people need to turn off Flo, and get they're ass in the stands before the place becomes another strip mall.
12 Likes: addictedtodirt, bighd0522, Blackduce, boomer, BrentTFunk, captrat, cowboyhar69, Dale, duel, Hustlin-Hoosier, Ilovedirttrackracing, ROSS
cmakin (Offline)
  #15 11/29/22 4:41 PM
Originally Posted by oppweld:
Terre Haute is my all-time favorite track! I'd drive to it just to watch hot laps. I hope peace can be made and racing returns in 2023. We are just getting the place headed in the right direction with the much needed upgrades. If racing returns people need to turn off Flo, and get they're ass in the stands before the place becomes another strip mall.
It is one of my all time favorite tracks to shoot. . . .

Be sure to visit www.manvelmotorsports.com. 2024 Robert Ballou Calendars are available.
8 Likes: bighd0522, BrentTFunk, cowboyhar69, Dale, Ilovedirttrackracing, luckybuc97, oppweld, tirespinner