IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Trey Osborne
8/27/23, 11:26 PM   #1
Trey Osborne
The55

Anyone know much about this young man? It was great to see him show up with a car on an open trailer and be so competitive. He won a heat race Friday night and made the feature all 3 nights. I was impressed by his ability and hope someone gives him a shot at a ride in the near future. At 6’7” tall with bright red hair he definitely stood out.

8/28/23, 7:07 AM   #2
MilfordSprintFan

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 4

Moved up from the D2 midgets that run all over Indiana and Ohio I believe.

8/28/23, 9:22 AM   #3
Re: Trey Osborne
benvar

Was a Kenyon Midget Champion - moved to Indy from Columbus Ohio, works for a John Deere Dealer
crewed by volunteer friends -fans raised over $3000 and gave him 3 new right rear tires at Kokomo

8/28/23, 12:52 PM   #4
The55

Watched them working before a race the other night. Looked like a bunch of teenagers (of course everyone looks like a teenager to me now) scurrying around and Trey was directing them. He was definitely a fan favorite. Reminded me of when Sunshine first showed up and how well he did.

8/28/23, 1:52 PM   #5
benvar

My son and I were on the team and another buddy of Trey's and two kids from the campground were with us all day Saturday washing the car everytime it came in -

8/28/23, 4:42 PM   #6
Speedmax3

Was able to talk to him before the Saturday night event began. I was talking to him about his impressive performance but did he think it might be hard to get a ride with so few owners now and especially if they didn't have a tall cage car. He smiled and said if he was offered a ride he's so skinny it would surprise people how low he can get in a car. Really nice and intelligent young man. After the night was over you would have thought he had won the Smackdown with the crowd surrounding him in the pits. It's always refreshing to see someone whose got so little money to work with do well.

8/28/23, 8:24 PM   #7
The55

Quote:
Originally Posted by benvar View Post
My son and I were on the team and another buddy of Trey's and two kids from the campground were with us all day Saturday washing the car everytime it came in -
Well done!

4 members like this post: Hustlin-Hoosier, LUCKYONE, racenut69, tirespinner
8/28/23, 9:25 PM   #8
flagboy55

I was absolutely impressed. The tall kid with the open trailer drove around a big money team in the heat race. That was the best thing I saw all weekend and I saw a lot. Made me think maybe that team ought to fire the kid who was cleaning his fingernails and hire the kid with the dirty hands

9/5/23, 10:47 PM   #9
itsanonwingthing

Race Count This Year: 4
Race Count Last Year: 51

History Mystery Man - Trey Osborne

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcR22WvTQgs

9/6/23, 12:44 AM   #10
The55

Thanks for posting!

3 members like this post: cowboyhar69, Grocery Guy, itsanonwingthing
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Trey Osborne