IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > USAC Sprints all Dirt in 2011
12/5/10, 11:36 PM   #41
Re: USAC Sprints all Dirt in 2011
Pete166

Interesting Idea & from a promoter LOLLLLL !!!!!!!!!!!!

"It is ambitious, it is expensive, and some might call it nuts, but in a time when many tracks are raising pit prices, having trouble staying open and losing consumers, we are taking the initiative to move forward, help the racers, and ensure increased attendance."

"1.Pay one pit pass race for free all year! :shock:

A.Drivers pay the standard $25 on first night.
B.For the remainder of the year, driver who raced the previous night gets in for free!"

U can read the rest here

http://www.elbowsup.com/viewtopic.ph...a2263e93cc882b

12/6/10, 9:34 AM   #42
Seadog

You all know that open wheel non-wing pavement racing really floats my boat, so I'll shoot for more Midgets and SC on pavement and less on the sprint cars in '11.

By the way, USAC stopped racing on pavement several years ago and brought it back. Who says they couldn't bring it back again in maybe a different form in the future?

If Must See Extreme Sprint yada yada yada or whatever it is called will take the wings off, then I will be there.

I will admit I think Aussiemidget fan got it right. USAC sprints will be like all he others now without pavement.

1 member likes this post: duel
12/6/10, 9:53 AM   #43
mikew

According to this article in the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, the IndyCar race weekend will also host USAC sprints and midgets along with quarter midgets, USF2000, Star Mazda and Indy Lights.

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/111125434.html

If true, then at least one sprint race would be on pavement. Surprised that they wouldn't run the Silver Crowns on the Mile though.

12/6/10, 10:28 AM   #44
richie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikew View Post
According to this article in the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, the IndyCar race weekend will also host USAC sprints and midgets along with quarter midgets, USF2000, Star Mazda and Indy Lights.

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/111125434.html

If true, then at least one sprint race would be on pavement. Surprised that they wouldn't run the Silver Crowns on the Mile though.
I've seen it posted here that it was a typo and that it's actually Silver Crown and not the Sprints that will be at the Milwaukee Mile. But, who knows for sure until the official schedule comes out.

12/6/10, 11:58 AM   #45
mikew

Quote:
Originally Posted by richie View Post
I've seen it posted here that it was a typo and that it's actually Silver Crown and not the Sprints that will be at the Milwaukee Mile. But, who knows for sure until the official schedule comes out.
Ahhh, that makes more sense to me. I was wondering if they meant Silver Crown instead. We shall see.

12/6/10, 7:10 PM   #46
ISF

Don't mean to get off point here but do the teams use the same Silver Crown car on pavement as they do on the dirt tracks?
Last edited by ISF; 12/6/10 at 7:12 PM.

12/6/10, 7:18 PM   #47
Honest-Sam

Nope.

12/6/10, 8:49 PM   #48
Tief

Quote:
Originally Posted by richie View Post
The racing beat writer here in Milwaukee doesn't seems to know the difference between sprints and Silver Crown cars. He's confused them in the past as well.

12/6/10, 9:07 PM   #49
Tony Barhorst

All is not lost...Spartan Speedway in Michigan just finished their first year of non winged sprints on asphalt. 14 year old Taylor Ferns became the youngest female sprint car driver ever with 5 wins.

Here is an article..Jimmy McCune, Tom Fedewa also won in the series.
I think it is going to grow. Maybe this will catch on more.

http://www.tjslideways.com/2010/09/0...eney-is-champ/

Keven Besecker is her crew chief. Ferns also won in a midget twice this season. She will be running the Rumble In Fort Wayne indoor midget races Dec. 31 and Jan 1 Here is her website:

http://www.taylorferns.com/

12/6/10, 10:21 PM   #50
apexonephoto

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 35

Spartan is great for the area I live in. Every other Friday night I can see sprint cars.

Who sanctions the races, doesn't matter to me if there is cars racing every other week. If this gets some larger car counts at Spartan, it's helping racing!

1 member likes this post: bigq11
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > USAC Sprints all Dirt in 2011