IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Kroger Speedfest Press Conference
12/2/10, 7:50 PM   #21
Re: Kroger Speedfest Press Conference
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by staggerman View Post
Doubt it will be any longer as I am sure they will run all the prelims in the afternoon and run features only starting probably at 7:00 pm or so. So it sucks if you want to see the whole show as you are going to have to be there all day.

Plus I will be curious to see the tickets prices for this show. I am guessing a $30 a head minimum.
You could be right. I am sure that ARCA will qualify early but I certainly hope that they don't have heat races for the midgets in the afternoon. That would screw up the whole show. Again, I am glad they are still going to be racing but would much prefer USAC on Wednesday and ARCA on Thursday.

I bet you are correct with the $30 minimum ticket to get in.

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

12/2/10, 8:48 PM   #22
Avon Open Wheel fan

You forgot the extra 10 dollars to park. For some reason just they only charge to park for this week of racing.

12/4/10, 11:57 AM   #23
racephoto1

I talked to Sargeant Thursday at the show. I mentioned the Indy Mile, and he said not yet. I hope he puts one on there.The memories of the old USAC shows are great.

12/5/10, 1:32 PM   #24
KohKoh

Ok, got a question. Just where are all of these cars supposed to pit? Stacked up now. It is a mess loading and unloading as it is! Wow, what a mistake.

12/5/10, 3:25 PM   #25
Russ

It seems pretty obvious to me. They had to bring in another series to prop up sagging attendence at another USAC event. Just like Eldora brought in the Outlaws to prop up the 4 Crown.

12/5/10, 4:25 PM   #26
racerdog45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avon Open Wheel fan View Post
You forgot the extra 10 dollars to park. For some reason just they only charge to park for this week of racing.
They also charge for parking during the US Nationals and that's on top of a very high per day ticket that is about double NASCAR weekend for each day/event

I actually like ARCA and even tho it will make the day a bit longer it also means I will be going back to IRP for this event for the first time after a 5 year break. Should be a decent day of racing and gives a chance for the open wheelers to shine in front of the fendered set.
Last edited by racerdog45; 12/5/10 at 4:27 PM. Reason: correcting my bad spelling

12/8/10, 2:37 AM   #27
ASPHALT24

they turn 40 of those ARCA cars loose over at ORP it is going to be a great race. they need to run them last because of all of the debris & fluids that will be all over the track after 150 laps. that race is going to be a slug fest, just like salem & winchester

12/8/10, 7:03 PM   #28
dirt330

If you have never seen a arca race your in for a real treat. They have always put on great races and have many loyal fans. Great addition for orp.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Kroger Speedfest Press Conference