IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
dirtnonwingfan (Offline)
  #1 11/30/10 8:13 PM
I edited the following announcement for space considerations. Any speculation?

Track Enterprises Press Conference Announced
Posted Tuesday, November 30, 2010 by Track:
MEDIA ADVISORY: O’Reilly Raceway Park, USAC, Track Enterprises, ARCA Making Special Announcement for 2011 on Thursday at IMIS
RELEASE DATE: Tuesday, November 30, 2010 (INDIANAPOLIS) - Four of the most recognized properties in motorsports will unite for a special announcement Thursday morning at the International Motorsports Industry Show at the Indiana Convention Center in downtown Indianapolis.

Details for media members who wish to cover the event are as follows.

WHO: Wes Collier, acting general manager, O’Reilly Raceway Park, Jason McCord, director of competition, United States Auto Club (USAC)
Bob Sargent, president, Track Enterprises Ron Drager, president, ARCA Racing Series presented by Menards
WHAT: Press conference to announce scheduling plan for 2011 Kroger SpeedFest at O’Reilly Raceway Park
WHERE: Chris Economaki Media Center, International Motorsports Industry Show, Room 128, Indiana Convention Center, 100 S. Capitol Ave., Indianapolis
WHEN: 10 a.m., Thursday, December 2

Frank Daigh
Avon Open Wheel fan (Offline)
  #2 11/30/10 10:51 PM
Its looking like ARCA may be a part of Kroger Speedfest that would be great. I do wonder if NASCAR is going a different direction though because they was not even mentioned.

Also I noticed that Raceway Park has also appeared to have parted ways with the ARA Stock car races. It looks like they are trying to do something to keep the series afloat but Raceway Park seems to be going in a different direction when it comes to oval racing. I really hope that this does not mean that oval racing at ORP is going to take a back seat to the drag strip.

This is from the ARA web site. I was not going to post it because I know that most people on here are open wheel fans but this could have an impact on all racing at ORP.

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT REGARDING FUTURE OF ARA

Due to many factors, the owners of ARA regret to announce that we will not be operating the series in 2011. ORP is concerned that our current car/truck count is not enough to justify the use of the track. They are continuing to work with us, but would like a plan for improving attendance both on the track and in the stands. We feel the need to inform you of our decision at this time so that an alternative plan can be formed for the future. ARA would be willing to offer the series to anyone interested taking over. We are planning to attend the meeting tomorrow at the Jameson Inn and will be available to answer questions at that time. The timing of this announcement is made in an attempt to maximize the efficiency of the meeting tomorrow. We hope that all interested parties will attend the meeting to help formulate a plan for moving forward.
arctic monkey21 (Offline)
  #3 11/30/10 10:53 PM
I was wondering why the ARCA truck was on 465 Sunday. Forgot about IMIS. My guess is that they will announce ARCA and Track Enterprises will run a show at the state fairgrounds mile during Speedfest. Maybe on Wednesday night. That's the only thing I can thank of with Track Enterprises and ARCA being added to the mix. Although it would be really fun if ARCA and the Silver Crown Cars ran consecutive days at the Indy Mile and ORP.
Avon Open Wheel fan (Offline)
  #4 11/30/10 11:04 PM
I never thought about the fairgrounds that would be an option. ARCA has been already starting to schedule races for next season and they do have the two normal one mile dirt shows on next years events.
arctic monkey21 (Offline)
  #5 11/30/10 11:16 PM
I was thinking about ARCA at ORP originally too. Then I started trying to figure out where Track Enterprises fit into the deal. Since Track Enterprises does all of the ARCA dirt events and the Indy Mile Silver Crown race it seemed to all fit into place.
Seadog (Offline)
  #6 12/1/10 9:13 AM
Well, Nascar has the trucks at ORP on 7/29/11 and Nationwide on 7/30/11. So I'm guessing ARCA and USAC SC in a double header on 7/28/11. Sort of like a Hoosier tire night at ORP.
miledirt (Offline)
  #7 12/1/10 9:26 AM
Originally Posted by Seadog:
Well, Nascar has the trucks at ORP on 7/29/11 and Nationwide on 7/30/11. So I'm guessing ARCA and USAC SC in a double header on 7/28/11. Sort of like a Hoosier tire night at ORP.
I'd rather see ARCA at the fairgrounds, but I'll go with Seadog's guess
Chris Nunn (Offline)
  #8 12/2/10 7:15 AM
Ill be up there and ill slide in and post on here exactly what is said at the Conference. I would say ARCA on the dirt would be the fair guess.

Chris Nunn
812-360-6711
nunnc812@gmail.com
openwheelKT (Offline)
  #9 12/2/10 8:56 AM
From today's Indy Star:

http://www.indystar.com/article/2010...|text|Sports|p

Makes no mention of the fairgrounds. If it's just ARCA at IRP, I don't see the Sargent tie-in. I hope there is more to it.

I can't say I'm all that fired up about it. I go to the Thursday night show of Speedfest to see openwheel cars. I don't go to Friday or Saturday because I'm not a big fan of fender racing. I would consider checking ARCA out on the dirt though.
racefan20 (Offline)
  #10 12/2/10 10:51 AM
Hope ARCA runs last so I can see the USAC show and leave

John Hoover

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus
2 Likes: mowerman, Vukie