IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > We’ll see tomorrow
5/15/23, 3:27 PM   #1
We’ll see tomorrow
flagboy55

The High Limit show tomorrow at Wayne County is set to run without a support class with a planned goal of starting the 35 lap feature at 9:00 eastern. With the last post I saw 59 cars expected to be on hand, it will be interesting to see if they can achieve that time frame. If they do, it might be a lesson for other tracks

5/15/23, 3:42 PM   #2
Re: We’ll see tomorrow
Stevensville Mike

Provided the track itself presents no problems, I think they will be fine with that.

The Amish fans there can get home early and get some good shut eye.

4 members like this post: Blitzman, flagboy55, mlamb, nathans1012
5/15/23, 3:53 PM   #3
dsc1600

Depends on how many yellows and reds they have. Hopefully none, but with that many cars there will be some most likely.

I also hope they run 6 heats as opposed to running 4 and having a non-qualifiers race.

3 members like this post: Dale, flagboy55, Scott Daloisio
5/15/23, 3:59 PM   #4
Jonr

They have already posted that they are going to have a non-qualifiers race.

5/15/23, 4:06 PM   #5
Dale

Kinda makes you wonder how much of the purse the back gate pays with that many cars.

5/15/23, 4:06 PM   #6
dsc1600

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonr View Post
They have already posted that they are going to have a non-qualifiers race.
I think they’ve made an error in following the WoO format pretty much without exception, this would be a good break from that.

1 member likes this post: flagboy55
5/15/23, 4:09 PM   #7
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale View Post
Kinda makes you wonder how much of the purse the back gate pays with that many cars.

Doesn't make a real dent in that purse. I doubt that both gates combined cover it.

5/15/23, 7:35 PM   #8
reeserx

Quote:
Originally Posted by flagboy55 View Post
The High Limit show tomorrow at Wayne County is set to run without a support class with a planned goal of starting the 35 lap feature at 9:00 eastern. With the last post I saw 59 cars expected to be on hand, it will be interesting to see if they can achieve that time frame. If they do, it might be a lesson for other tracks
This is no way an angry response or an argumentative response, but what if they do go over the time? What’s it hurt? There are 59 sprint cars preregistrated on a Tuesday night, that’s awesome! I don’t understand the hate for high limit, and I’m not saying you are by any means, but just in general, a lot of people wanna hate on em

4 members like this post: Bostonian, DirtTrackTherapy16J, fish, flagboy55
5/15/23, 8:33 PM   #9
flagboy55

I am by no means a hater, quite the opposite in fact. I applaud them for their lofty goals and I hope they come close to pulling it off. Now I understand there’s lots of factors that go into a racing program. It’s just my hope that more race track operators see that a bunch of support classes might actually be a hindrance

5/15/23, 9:18 PM   #10
reeserx

Quote:
Originally Posted by flagboy55 View Post
I am by no means a hater, quite the opposite in fact. I applaud them for their lofty goals and I hope they come close to pulling it off. Now I understand there’s lots of factors that go into a racing program. It’s just my hope that more race track operators see that a bunch of support classes might actually be a hindrance
Fair enough. I think tracks rely on the support classes for back gate money. I have no clue, just a guess but that’s what I think

3 members like this post: DirtTrackTherapy16J, flagboy55, progressive22
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > We’ll see tomorrow