IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
chrismattlin (Offline)
  #11 11/19/21 8:43 AM
Originally Posted by mc/rider:
We annexed it
Eldora has been included as part of Indiana Sprint Week before.
motorhead748 (Offline)
  #12 11/19/21 9:13 AM
Originally Posted by PIT CART:
Nice payout, but not one race in Indiana 🤔
I think it was Blake Anderson that said on Twitter that all 4 shows in Indiana last year were not well supported…… I read that to mean they lost money.
3 Likes: BrentTFunk, oppweld, tirespinner
Jerry Shaw (Offline)
  #13 11/19/21 9:33 AM
Originally Posted by Chief Wahoo:
What....No dust bowl at Muskingum County?
Dust or no dust, the one there in June may have been the best race I saw all year on Flo. Especially the last third of the race, Peck, Bayston and Courtney, put on a wild rumble, in and out of traffic. One of those races, when they threw the white flag, you still didn't know which of those 3 was going to win.

Jerry

A man is about as big as the things that make him angry.

Winston Churchill
Therealether (Offline)
  #14 11/19/21 10:25 AM
USAC races Toledo..
5 Likes: BrentTFunk, Charles Nungester, Hustlin-Hoosier, oppweld, tirespinner
flagboy55 (Offline)
  #15 11/19/21 11:13 AM
I’m not at all surprised that they didn’t include Indiana again. $26,000 to win at Kokomo and you don’t fill the place kinda tells you something. Me and my gang were like, “we gotta leave early if we want a good parking spot.” Boy were we shocked. But like I said on Twitter, the bad news is, Indiana’s non wing country, the good news is Indiana’s NON WING COUNTRY! And I’m ok with that
6 Likes: BrentTFunk, chrismattlin, duel, Eatin Dirt, oppweld, sc17x
dsc1600 (Offline)
  #16 11/19/21 11:27 AM
There is a market for winged sprints in Indiana, but not for multiple nights in a row covering a small geographic area. The other point is that the All Stars are not the Outlaws. The Kokomo woo race was packed and that probably exhausted the demand. A shame though, because I love winged sprints on the Indiana bullrings.
4 Likes: bighd0522, BrentTFunk, nathans1012, PIT CART
BrentTFunk (Offline)
  #17 11/19/21 1:02 PM
One thing that I noticed was no Attica after SpeedWeek. Labor Day weekend at Sharon replaced Attica. Attica has struggled for 410 cars this year.
OnTheHammer (Offline)
  #18 11/19/21 3:10 PM
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk:
One thing that I noticed was no Attica after SpeedWeek. Labor Day weekend at Sharon replaced Attica. Attica has struggled for 410 cars this year.
In the non Allstar or WoO shows in 2021, Attica averaged close to 24 cars. And that is struggling?

The ASCoC Labor Day weekend used to be at Sharon. Nice to see it back there.
PJ Wright (Online)
  #19 11/19/21 4:11 PM
Since Lernerville lost their WoO shows I really expected that they would get 1 or more dates. Apparently I'm about as good predicting schedules as I am car counts.🤔

You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because you're all the same. Copied from the back of the #16 supermodified.
BrentTFunk (Offline)
  #20 11/19/21 4:21 PM
Originally Posted by OnTheHammer:
In the non Allstar or WoO shows in 2021, Attica averaged close to 24 cars. And that is struggling?

The ASCoC Labor Day weekend used to be at Sharon. Nice to see it back there.
I watched a couple of shows where they only had 14 410's. I consider that hurting, for a track that has traditionally drawn really good car for years.