IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Beinthecircle (Offline)
  #1 9/17/15 12:01 AM
Does anyone know where someone can find the payout for the end of the year points standings for the national sprint car guys? I can't seem to find it on their website. Thanks
staggerman (Offline)
  #2 9/17/15 8:26 AM
I have never seen a published point fund payout by USAC. If you are interested in being a car owner and following the tour contact USAC and I am sure they can give you ball park figures.
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #3 9/17/15 5:53 PM
I don't know what it is now But heres a USAC site article from 2010 stating the Sprint title would get 40k. I know there is a car owners prize as well.

http://www.usacracing.com/news/sprin...ionship-points

Charles Nungester
staggerman (Offline)
  #4 9/18/15 7:54 AM
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester:
I don't know what it is now But heres a USAC site article from 2010 stating the Sprint title would get 40k. I know there is a car owners prize as well.

http://www.usacracing.com/news/sprin...ionship-points
That $40k was when USAC had the National Drivers Championship in which drivers got points in running all 3 divisions and made up a overall champion. That was not $40k for just the sprint title.
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #5 9/18/15 8:43 AM
yeah, I see that now.

Charles Nungester
Beinthecircle (Offline)
  #6 9/18/15 8:51 AM
Originally Posted by staggerman:
I have never seen a published point fund payout by USAC. If you are interested in being a car owner and following the tour contact USAC and I am sure they can give you ball park figures.
You must work for USAC 😴
progressive22 (Offline)
  #7 9/18/15 9:10 AM
I posted this same question couple years ago and coondog replied that it was 10k for driver and 10k for owner in sprints.
2 Likes: Charles Nungester, jim goerge
DRC II (Offline)
  #8 9/18/15 9:17 AM
USAC doesn't know how much point fund money they have until after the last race because of rain-outs, cancels etc. Every event pays into the point fund. Without a big sponsor you can expect about the same year to year.
Mike Devin
3 Likes: jim goerge, Jonr, Sandy Lowe
grumpy racer (Offline)
  #9 9/18/15 12:03 PM
Mike is correct I can tell you last 2 years was 10,000 owner same for driver to win 7,500 second Carla I split on last year 3rd I thought 6,500 she says 5,000 there on down don't know.
Beinthecircle (Offline)
  #10 9/18/15 1:02 PM
Thank you very much!!!!!!!!!