IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
sw1911 (Offline)
  #1 9/27/21 2:10 PM
Where were all the midgets that should have been at Eldora?
BrentTFunk (Offline)
  #2 9/27/21 3:30 PM
That is about what I expected. Big tracks are tough on little motors.
17 Likes: billw, Blitzman, Chief Wahoo, chrismattlin, dirtball, Dirtfan, dirtnonwingfan, duel, erich45, jdull99, nathans1012, oppweld, racefan20, racenut69, tirespinner, Wayne Davis, WinglessLovers
mlamb (Offline)
  #3 9/27/21 5:03 PM
Originally Posted by sw1911:
Where were all the midgets that should have been at Eldora?
I took a Eldora first timer with me Saturday.
He’d ask how many midgets could he expect, I replied 20-25.
I gotta tell you, I’d pay again to see those 20 midgets battle it out at Eldora again.
I’d been somewhat critical of Eldora the last several years.
I gotta say I was very impressed with every aspect of how that event was ran. If Eldora is ran like it was Saturday, I’ll be back sooner than later. BTW the Eldora newbie I took was completely impressed and looking forward to returning.
29 Likes: 95KART, addictedtodirt, billw, Blitzman, BrentTFunk, Chief Wahoo, cmiracingvids, erich45, Hustlin-Hoosier, ISF, jdull99, Ken Bonnema, kylenap, luckybuc97, LUCKYONE, mc/rider, miledirt, nathans1012, opnwhlmnd, oppweld, PIT CART, racenut69, snowdrift, spicoli, Tim Bookmiller, tirespinner, TNRustler, Wayne Davis, wildman92
flagboy55 (Offline)
  #4 9/27/21 9:36 PM
I’ve got more to say about the 4 Crowns but I want to make this statement first and let it sink in a minute. The best part of my weekend was giving Brent T Funk a hug. After all he’s been through and his unexpected appearance, Made my weekend!
14 Likes: BrentTFunk, cwfan08, duel, Grocery Guy, interpreter66, Ken Bonnema, luckybuc97, mc/rider, opnwhlmnd, oppweld, spicoli, tirespinner, Wayne Davis, Will Shunk
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #5 9/28/21 9:11 AM
Midget count was better than some recent years. However the Winged sprint support was pathetic. Especially for the All Stars only appearance at Eldora.

NW Sprint and Champ support. Excellent

Charles Nungester
motorhead748 (Offline)
  #6 9/28/21 11:32 AM
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester:
Midget count was better than some recent years. However the Winged sprint support was pathetic. Especially for the All Stars only appearance at Eldora.

I wouldn’t call a full field pathetic especially with atomic running & lernerville running WoO. With Eldoras reputation about motors I was surprised they had 24
2 Likes: Ken Bonnema, Puppy
revjimk (Offline)
  #7 9/28/21 12:04 PM
Originally Posted by flagboy55:
I’ve got more to say about the 4 Crowns but I want to make this statement first and let it sink in a minute. The best part of my weekend was giving Brent T Funk a hug. After all he’s been through and his unexpected appearance, Made my weekend!
Great news!!!!
2 Likes: dirtnonwingfan, oppweld
revjimk (Offline)
  #8 9/28/21 12:05 PM
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester:

What was so pathetic about it?
2 Likes: motorhead748, WingedFan2019
revjimk (Offline)
  #9 9/28/21 12:08 PM
Originally Posted by mlamb:
I took a Eldora first timer with me Saturday.
He’d ask how many midgets could he expect, I replied 20-25.
I gotta tell you, I’d pay again to see those 20 midgets battle it out at Eldora again.
I’d been somewhat critical of Eldora the last several years.
I gotta say I was very impressed with every aspect of how that event was ran. If Eldora is ran like it was Saturday, I’ll be back sooner than later. BTW the Eldora newbie I took was completely impressed and looking forward to returning.
Yep, they kept a big program running efficiently. I only watched on on DIRT & FLO, but it got done at a reasonable hour..... unlike my one live visit, when they worked the track for an hour (or 2?) before features
Tumey's 55 (Offline)
  #10 9/28/21 4:18 PM
It seems there are always complaints about Eldora whether it is too dusty or the program takes too long. I have attended several 4 Crown events and enjoyed every one of them, even the 24 hours of Eldora many years ago. Yes, dust has been a problem at times but the track is such an iconic place that for me it is always fun. I live in FL now and just can’t make it to the Midwest for many events but hope to return for another Eldora event or two before I leave this earth.
2 Likes: BrentTFunk, erich45