IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
ericg25 (Offline)
  #1 9/21/22 1:57 PM
Hey All, Had issues at a race last week with my car wanting to bicycle real bad, high banked track was super sticky and the car just wanted to roll over, not go around the corner. I know this is typically the result of having the RR tire too tucked in to the chassis, but it was all the way out at 19.75".

Aside from RR spacing, what are your go-to adjustments for fighting bicycling on a non-wing car?

Thanks!
2 Likes: ginblueearth, jdull99
Rhody (Offline)
  #2 9/21/22 3:33 PM
Raising RR air pressure is quickest and easiest.
3 Likes: ginblueearth, Hustlin-Hoosier, jdull99
badcoupe (Offline)
  #3 9/22/22 12:52 PM
Make sure you don’t have a shock having an issue if it’s just started this problem. Air pressure is a good starting point, make sure everything is free in the rear as well, ladder heims etc
3 Likes: ginblueearth, Luvdirtracing, tirespinner
Josh Spencer (Offline)
  #4 9/22/22 3:33 PM
Originally Posted by ericg25:
Hey All, Had issues at a race last week with my car wanting to bicycle real bad, high banked track was super sticky and the car just wanted to roll over, not go around the corner. I know this is typically the result of having the RR tire too tucked in to the chassis, but it was all the way out at 19.75".

Aside from RR spacing, what are your go-to adjustments for fighting bicycling on a non-wing car?

Thanks!
Guys around here are at around 21 1/2 rr spacing

9-10 psi. In rr

You could lower the car, by blocking rear at 4 1/2-5 in. Blocks

Fronts around 3 1/2 blocks

Stiffen rr bar

We ran 1.000 down the left side

1.025 in rr until it slicked then an 1.000

1.050 in the rf

I’d make sure the rest end is squared correctly in the car and the ball and Jacob’s ladder are free.

Hope this helps.

Josh Spencer
8 Likes: chrismattlin, DaveP63, ginblueearth, Ilovedirttrackracing, kcarm92, Ken Bonnema, Pitdad, tirespinner
ericg25 (Offline)
  #5 9/23/22 12:29 PM
Thanks for the tips, much appreciated.
Rhody (Offline)
  #6 9/23/22 2:15 PM
I failed to notice that your "all the way out" was only 19.75. You probably should have a 2 or 3 inch offset RR for a NW car on sticky tracks. Of course, after me telling you that, you'll probably spend $500 on a new wheel and never need it.