IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Hamby454 (Offline)
  #181 4/1/22 2:22 AM
To be honest USAC is shooting themself in the foot. 1st all names were kept quiet on failed test, why? 2. Where did the new samples come from? I’ve been told usac went to the shops of teams to get new samples(this may not be true but usac could present all information to keep the rumor mill down and only facts inserted). 3. Although it is strange that all 4 tested positive for the same chemicals it’s not unlikely due to the fact there is a well known tire prepper that has helped all the teams in the past so it’s likely coming from the same place. They are taking no action on anything. The lab is wrong? Announce you’re no longer going to use them, but no. Instead it’s just no penalties and everything is fine. Their car counts will suffer and I also believe in time so will their fan counts. It’s unfortunate that groups will jeopardize all credibility for the almighty dollar.
3 Likes: bighd0522, Bill Angel, sprint38racer
motorhead748 (Offline)
  #182 4/1/22 6:27 AM
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester:
The several times I was drug tested they took one cup of Urine and sealed it, had me initial it. Same on the hair. and the first company unless it was super strong positive as in (They were under the influence at the time of testing) didn't suspend or fire over one sample. They sent em back to get tested several times and had a record. Oh Chuck had THC in his system on three different occasions, Chuck is fired. BTW, I was never fired from a drug test. But I know a couple who were and they were users.

All Im saying if teams are cheating "Doping" it probably wasn't only once.

Im going to the Burg to watch may the best driver and team win against the best NW drivers in the land. Hope a few show up.
I was drug tested more times than I can count at a previous employer where drug use(mostly weed) was rampant.
If the tire testing is as incapable of finding doped tires as the drug tests were at finding pot smokers it’s a waste to even check
nathans1012 (Offline)
  #183 4/1/22 8:01 AM
Picture below

2024 Season: Race 1 - April 20th Brownstown (Crate LM). Unlike many I don't discriminate on what racing I choose to watch.
kinser (Offline)
  #184 4/1/22 8:15 AM
And another one boycotts
2 Likes: chrismattlin, dshort36
Dirtfan (Offline)
  #185 4/1/22 8:47 AM
More to follow.🤯🤯

Dan Hetser

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #186 4/1/22 8:54 AM
So it's come down to F the fans who pay to see these higher and more often 5-10-15-20k to win shows. Ok, Like Im sure going to come watch you at that other track or other series now..

Not sure the argument holds up, One car of the team cheated and the other didn't and four teams cheated the same way. Then didn't due to a "SUPPOSED PROVEN" Lab that didn't test right.

If it's fifteen regulars at Burg tomorrow thats what Im paying to see. We go to have fun and enjoy the racing and each others company, My 81 year old uncle and 79yr old dad and the friends they sometimes bring as well.

19 pages and all it does is hurt racing, I've not seen the proof, If the labs wrong then its one series hurting it. if the labs right then the other series is hurting it and by not racing at a show everyone was anticipating it's hurting it. *RACING*

Got a 5k LM show same distance from me. Might just choose that.

Charles Nungester
dsc1600 (Offline)
  #187 4/1/22 9:32 AM
The teams obviously felt the USAC decision was corrupted in some way, perhaps because they are trying to protect their own. I have no dog in the fight, but some of the teams that do are boycotting USAC sprints at least for this weekend, which is a pretty big deal.
5 Likes: bighd0522, billw, chrismattlin, dshort36, sprint38racer
captrat (Offline)
  #188 4/1/22 9:52 AM
My head is spinning:

1. USAC catches participants cheating. So blame USAC.

2. Other participants choose no longer to compete. Reasoning not clearly stated so more fodder for speculation.

3. Clear the air: USAC name the guilty parties and boycotting participants state your reasons.

4.As usual the fans get hurt as we once again go down the road of devouring our own and gleefully climb over the bodies of defunct sanctioning bodies

And yet we continue to wonder why do not move forward.
2 Likes: Charles Nungester, sw1911
sw1911 (Offline)
  #189 4/1/22 9:57 AM
Originally Posted by dsc1600:
The teams obviously felt the USAC decision was corrupted in some way, perhaps because they are trying to protect their own. I have no dog in the fight, but some of the teams that do are boycotting USAC sprints at least for this weekend, which is a pretty big deal.
With the news today that USAC has decided not to penalize teams found in violation of written rules, Amati Racing has decided to forgo USAC Racing and it’s Lawrenceburg opener. We apologize to our friends and fans but we stand by our principles and will continue to do so. You can find us at Lincoln Park Speedway this Saturday night racing hard for the win. Additionally, the Amati 66 will be back on the Xtreme Outlaw Sprint trail for next weekend’s doubleheader in Missouri.
PJ Wright (Offline)
  #190 4/1/22 9:58 AM
Originally Posted by captrat:

4.As usual the fans get hurt as we once again go down the road of devouring our own and gleefully climb over the bodies of defunct sanctioning bodies

And yet we continue to wonder why do not move forward.
I agree with very little of what you post, but in this case I think you're spot on.

You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because you're all the same. Copied from the back of the #16 supermodified.