IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Closed Thread
Jerry Spencer (Offline)
  #121 1/4/10 2:28 PM
Temps. in the teens, snow and wind here in Kokomo, I like winter but after working outside every night all night all I want to do when I get off in the morning is come home and sit in front of the fire place.

Jerry #66
www.joshspencer.com
Tim Watson (Offline)
  #122 1/6/10 8:50 PM
Originally Posted by Jerry Spencer:
Temps. in the teens, snow and wind here in Kokomo, I like winter but after working outside every night all night all I want to do when I get off in the morning is come home and sit in front of the fire place.

Jerry #66
www.joshspencer.com
Jerry, i would like to sit in front of your fireplace to.
sprntr (Offline)
  #123 1/7/10 12:47 AM
Talked to my sister-in-law out on the prairies of SW Minnesota about 5 pm today, she said they had about 7" of new white stuff with no let-up in sight. Our forecast calls for only 1-2". Looks like it's going to track south of us again, I hope, I hope!!!
terrehautian (Offline)
  #124 1/7/10 12:54 AM
I want as much snow as we can get. 10 inches or more would be nice...
Z-man (Offline)
  #125 1/7/10 1:05 AM
I'd like to have a foot or maybe even 12 inches of snow.

From NOAA
AT THIS POINT...IT APPEARS THAT 12 HOUR AND 24 HOUR ACCUMULATIONS
WILL FALL BELOW WINTER STORM WARNING CRITERION. BUT SMALL ERRORS
IN FORECAST OF LIQUID AMOUNTS AND/OR SNOW-LIQUID RATIOS COULD
RESULT IN SUBSTANTIALLY DIFFERENT ACCUMULATIONS.

Sounds like a disclaimer for "we don't know".

Will work for Race Tickets and Beer
illiNOISE (Offline)
  #126 1/7/10 8:23 AM
First the good news: It's about 15 degrees warmer this morning than it was Monday and Tuesday morning. Now the bad news: We have three inches of snow, and the chill factor is still only 1 above. I know, that's child's play for those of you in the far north, but it still isn't much fun to deal with.

Even Roman Chariots ran non-wing, and on dirt. Hail Caesar!
AP64 (Offline)
  #127 1/7/10 10:19 AM
How much snow is in the Indy area right now? Just wanted to see whats on its way for us in Ohio. I just started snowing here at 8am.
cmakin (Offline)
  #128 1/7/10 11:29 AM
Hey, we might get into the 20's tonight. No precip, though.

Be sure to visit www.manvelmotorsports.com. 2024 Robert Ballou Calendars are available.
Z-man (Offline)
  #129 1/7/10 11:37 AM
Originally Posted by cmakin:
Hey, we might get into the 20's tonight. No precip, though.
If it's going to be cold I'd prefer it be snowing. 20's tonight? In Texas? Must be global warming. Do people have furnaces down there?

Will work for Race Tickets and Beer
AustinSprinter (Offline)
  #130 1/7/10 12:20 PM
No furnaces needed here except natural outside ones!!......Mid 40's overnite....mid 70's afternoon!!...hope'n for good weather in Tulsa!!.....