IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
cl124 (Offline)
  #41 9/19/22 10:26 AM
What I've never understood with so many promoters and/or fans is why some feel we need 5-6 hours of time at a track to 'see a full program'. No other major sport including Napcar that everyone bashes so much on here lasts this long for a single event. I feel like more people would come and continue to come if they could get to the track and watch 2-3 hours worth of program vs. show up at 5:30 and not leave until 11:30 or much later for a lot of other tracks. I more so harp the issue for those bringing children as it is much easier to wrangle a child and them be entertained for a few hours vs. 6+. I for one would love shorter shows and could attend a lot more races if that was the norm.
2 Likes: tirespinner, TNRustler
miledirt (Offline)
  #42 9/19/22 11:25 AM
Haubstadt IS a class track of the area
Super thankful for the good surface they provide

2 classes is great. 3 classes is acceptable. I just don't go to tracks anymore that run 5,6 classes and then don't tell you when they are going to run the sprints (or advertised main event).

When I take new fans to the races and we get there at 6, 7 whatever for hot laps, I always tell them that when you go to a dirt show, it's all about the feature. Meaning, you can sit thru practice, the heats, semi, intermission etc...but you pay your 25, 40 bucks for that feature race. Does make it hard with new fans when that feature starts at midnight. (not talking about Haubstadt as they were finished way earlier than that)
4 Likes: Dirtfan, oppweld, Rpracing1, tirespinner
oppweld (Offline)
  #43 9/19/22 11:47 AM
First off, Congratulations to Jadon Rogers for a hard fought well earned victory over a stellar field of cars. Being from Wangland (Iowa) I make the 740 mile round trip frequently to my adoptive home track known as Tri State Speedway. Why, very little compares to it in what you get in return. Free Parking, Free Camping, coolers allowed, Beer allowed, inexpensive high quality food, no rocks, little to no dust, a PA system I can hear during the race, a working scoreboard. No other track i've been to this season can make all of these claims. Length of program was slightly longer than usual. Well a typical MSCS & mod show would have a total of 5 to 6 heats and 2 mains. We had 8 heats and 3 B Mains and 2 Features so its gonna take longer. As for race of the year, those of you on the couch and not in the stands you are limited to the cameraman's perspective which can never truly capture all of the action that is unfolding.
17 Likes: Chief Wahoo, chrismattlin, Dale, Dirtfan, duel, erich45, flagboy55, Ilovedirttrackracing, mc/rider, racenut69, Rcar, ronmil, Rpracing1, skids59, tirespinner, TNRustler, wildman92
dsc1600 (Offline)
  #44 9/19/22 12:16 PM
[quote=yeleyfan76;557676]
Originally Posted by dsc1600:
Only In racing are paying customers called “keyboard reporters/warriors” etc… Ultimately midnight is too late to complete a show where weather wasn’t a concern.

Just making sure all of those whining about midnight in the east know that it’s only 11:00 in the central time zone, and by the way Haubstadt is in that time zone. Why in the world would the track need to cater to the east???? So ultimately 11:00 is just fine.
Lol, you got me, I forgot about Indiana's absurd time zones. Having said that, I took a look at the Flo replay to see how long the show was. The replay was 5 hrs and 34 min. In fairness, the first 15-20 minutes were Flo commercials and the last 10-15 min were driver interviews. I don't think the broadcast included a replay. But that leaves 5 hours from warm-ups to the end of the Sprint A Main. That is WAY too long. Should be 4 hours at most.
2 Likes: PIT CART, tirespinner
openwheelfan1 (Offline)
  #45 9/19/22 2:15 PM
[QUOTE=miledirt;557702]Haubstadt IS a class track of the area
Super thankful for the good surface they provide

2 classes is great. 3 classes is acceptable. I just don't go to tracks anymore that run 5,6 classes and then don't tell you when they are going to run the sprints (or advertised main event).

When I take new fans to the races and we get there at 6, 7 whatever for hot laps, I always tell them that when you go to a dirt show, it's all about the feature. Meaning, you can sit thru practice, the heats, semi, intermission etc...but you pay your 25, 40 bucks for that feature race. Does make it hard with new fans when that feature starts at midnight. (not talking about Haubstadt as they were finished way earlier than that)[/

Many tracks are running 5, 6 even 7 classes because they are:

1) making their purse on the back gate and/or
2.) they have so few cars in attendance they only run 1 heat and a feature so they need 5 or more classes to even have a race night.
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #46 9/19/22 3:02 PM
At least you don't have the guy who post at 815 after eleven hotlaps and eleven heat races with just features to run how all they do is goof around. Man must have a iron bladder cause the rest of us needed to stretch and facilities.

Charles Nungester
Hubie48 (Offline)
  #47 9/21/22 5:20 AM
Congratulations Jadon Rogers

What a asset to the Sport.