IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
cl124 (Offline)
  #1 9/17/22 10:20 PM
Not sure why we are treating the mini sprints like the main event at the biggest race of the year?! Watched two b mains in a row, now track prep and yet somehow still doing the mini sprint a main first. I’m a die hard haubstadt fan my whole life but the program efficiency and racing in general has been sub par this year. Track is always overworked and redone just when it starts to get good.
6 Likes: Charles Nungester, Hubie48, motorhead748, reeserx, tj39, TommyTipover
cl124 (Offline)
  #2 9/17/22 10:54 PM
And we are now reworking the track for the third time since the heat races finished.
2 Likes: tirespinner, tj39
nathans1012 (Offline)
  #3 9/17/22 10:54 PM
Originally Posted by cl124:
Not sure why we are treating the mini sprints like the main event at the biggest race of the year?! Watched two b mains in a row, now track prep and yet somehow still doing the mini sprint a main first. I’m a die hard haubstadt fan my whole life but the program efficiency and racing in general has been sub par this year. Track is always overworked and redone just when it starts to get good.

Maybe you should buy the place and run it. Just maybe they had a thought or a reason for doing something the way they did. I learned a long long time ago you don’t always get what you want.

2024 Season: Race 1 - April 20th Brownstown (Crate LM). Unlike many I don't discriminate on what racing I choose to watch.
7 Likes: 17d71mwin, Carl49, Huskermudd1, Jerry Shaw, oppweld, progressive22, Rcar
cl124 (Offline)
  #4 9/17/22 11:01 PM
It cracks me up that every time anyone critiques on this site people have to bash them for it. Entire section of lifetime season ticket holders around me saying the same things. Simple critique with hopes it’s seen by someone who can do something about it. Used to be the most efficient ran track around. They need to keep in mind numerous people bring kids and many people come from eastern time zone.
6 Likes: Hubie48, interpreter66, PIT CART, tirespinner, TommyTipover, WinglessLovers
reeserx (Offline)
  #5 9/17/22 11:06 PM
Originally Posted by cl124:
I got to watch a really good ASCOC feature on FLO while the minis, and the John Deere parade were on the track. That’s a positive. About the only positive
6 Likes: Charles Nungester, interpreter66, oppweld, PIT CART, tirespinner, tj39
cl124 (Offline)
  #6 9/17/22 11:07 PM
Lol amen to that. There were atleast 5 people around me watching something else on their phone.
3 Likes: oppweld, tirespinner, tj39
tj39 (Offline)
  #7 9/17/22 11:23 PM
I brought 5 people that don't normally come to the races they won't be back and I dont blame them
cl124 (Offline)
  #8 9/17/22 11:26 PM
Originally Posted by tj39:
I brought 5 people that don't normally come to the races they won't be back and I dont blame them
That is exactly why I critique. Those of us who are life long fans will keep coming back but those who are new leave with a sour taste and likely not to return.
3 Likes: Hubie48, tirespinner, tj39
racefan20 (Offline)
  #9 9/18/22 12:03 AM
Originally Posted by reeserx:
I got to watch a really good ASCOC feature on FLO while the minis, and the John Deere parade were on the track. That’s a positive. About the only positive
That was a good All Star feature.....except I was rooting for Macri

John Hoover

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus
2 Likes: reeserx, tirespinner
PIT CART (Offline)
  #10 9/18/22 12:08 AM
Great feature at Lincoln I also liked the ten heat race format 🏁 it’s midnight glad I don’t have a 4 1/2 hour drive home from tri state. Promoters can blame Flo all they want but glad I stayed home tonight.
2 Likes: reeserx, tirespinner