IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Springfield TV
8/21/17, 1:17 AM   #1
Springfield TV
Speedwrench

I was channel surfing yesterday afternoon and got to MAV TV just in time to watch the live broadcast of the ARCA race. Didn't even know that was going to happen.

It got me to wondering if the Silver Crown race might have been taped for future broadcast ?

Does anyone know ?

8/21/17, 9:33 AM   #2
ISF

I was at the Silver Crown race at Springfield and it no mention was made on the PA of any future delayed broadcast. Anyone who was at both races can tell you that MAVtv would have been wise to televise the Crown race rather than the ARCA race. The Crown race was much better.

2 members like this post: RadRacer, tirespinner
8/21/17, 10:47 AM   #3
Re: Springfield TV
chathamracefan

Crown race would be on loudpedal website. It is a pay website that covers all the USAC races on a next day availability. No live coverage or regular tv coverage that I am aware of. Speedshift.tv has done some live PPV streaming broadcasts of USAC. They are doing Kokomo this weekend. I watched a couple nights of Sprint Week that way & was pleased with the quality. I went on Saturday & watched ARCA on tv yesterday. Def agree that USAC was a much better show. ARCA car counts have dropped significantly in recent years. The Springfield race used to draw at least in the mid 30's & some years right around 40. Yesterday started 26 & at least 10 of those appeared to be moving chicanes.

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Springfield TV