IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
yeleyfan76 (Offline)
  #1 9/11/22 10:23 PM
Jake Swanson won at both Jacksonville and Spoon River this weekend. Two totally different type tracks. Jax a tight bullring and Spoon River a big wide bowl. Both events were crisply run and the action was good. Non wing sprint cars are fantastic wherever they run and this past weekend was no exception. For those who were there you understand for those who were not, maybe next year. I plan to do the 28 hour round trip again.
15 Likes: addictedtodirt, Chief Wahoo, cshuman, Hustlin-Hoosier, Ilovedirttrackracing, jdull99, John P Huss, mscs20, nodramazone20, oppweld, racenut69, scottyCbus, spicoli, Steve Wendel, wallbanger II
JJMooney (Offline)
  #2 9/12/22 6:57 AM
Originally Posted by yeleyfan76:
Jake Swanson won at both Jacksonville and Spoon River this weekend. Two totally different type tracks. Jax a tight bullring and Spoon River a big wide bowl. Both events were crisply run and the action was good. Non wing sprint cars are fantastic wherever they run and this past weekend was no exception. For those who were there you understand for those who were not, maybe next year. I plan to do the 28 hour round trip again.
Couldn’t agree more. I’ve quickly become a Jake Swanson fan. He’s really impressed me.

I only went to Spoon River. It’s a track I hadn’t been to in over 25 years. In the few times I had been there to watch sprint cars it was dry and dusty. Laid rubber. Seldom done before midnight. Not Saturday night. That place was juiced up. The action was downright sick. There was so much going on during the feature, you had trouble taking it all in. I was out of there before 9:30. No complaints. One of the best shows I've seen this year.
13 Likes: Andrew S. Quinn, cshuman, erich45, Hustlin-Hoosier, Ilovedirttrackracing, jdull99, mlamb, mscs20, nodramazone20, oppweld, PIT CART, racenut69, tirespinner
nodramazone20 (Offline)
  #3 9/12/22 8:55 AM
Spoon River was fantastic....First time, so was not sure what to expect....I did not expect Full Send into the corners....wow, that place was FAST....Quick Show at both places .....Hope to go back again in 2023
9 Likes: cshuman, erich45, Hustlin-Hoosier, Ilovedirttrackracing, jdull99, mlamb, oppweld, racenut69, tirespinner
dsc1600 (Offline)
  #4 9/12/22 9:42 AM
Both tracks are excellent and the show was good. First world problems for me, but I wish it were on a different weekend because there was so much other stuff on but I caught the replays and it looked like events the series can build on.

Speaking of which, Xtreme announced a 2 day show at Devil's Bowl in late October to end the season.
8 Likes: cshuman, Hustlin-Hoosier, Ilovedirttrackracing, LUCKYONE, mlamb, oppweld, racenut69, tirespinner
The bubs (Offline)
  #5 9/12/22 2:04 PM
Also I thought Alex bright looked good. Nice to see an east coaster do some traveling and be successful.
7 Likes: cshuman, Ilovedirttrackracing, jonboat15, luckybuc97, oppweld, racenut69, tirespinner
jonboat15 (Offline)
  #6 9/12/22 4:08 PM
Originally Posted by The bubs:
Also I thought Alex bright looked good. Nice to see an east coaster do some traveling and be successful.
Alex is doing well as a traveler. The usac east series points would be tighter if Alex had stayed on the PA porch, but I'm glad to see him showcase his talent nationwide. Its really cool to see east coast guys be competitive with the national racers.
7 Likes: cshuman, Ilovedirttrackracing, luckybuc97, oppweld, racenut69, tirespinner, TNRustler
yeleyfan76 (Offline)
  #7 9/12/22 5:06 PM
Originally Posted by JJMooney:
Couldn’t agree more. I’ve quickly become a Jake Swanson fan. He’s really impressed me.

I only went to Spoon River. It’s a track I hadn’t been to in over 25 years. In the few times I had been there to watch sprint cars it was dry and dusty. Laid rubber. Seldom done before midnight. Not Saturday night. That place was juiced up. The action was downright sick. There was so much going on during the feature, you had trouble taking it all in. I was out of there before 9:30. No complaints. One of the best shows I've seen this year.

I was warned that Spoon could turn out the way you described. Fortunately they made the effort to prep it right for non wing sprint cars. They were moving on that track along side by side racing too. Jax was prepped well too.

Great track prep, an efficiently run, well designed format, and you have a great show. 4 cars on track for TT is totally possible anywhere if they can do it at Jax. The format also makes the heats more competitive especially if you timed poorly within your group. Well done by the tracks and the series. Ready to do it again.
6 Likes: cshuman, luckybuc97, oppweld, racenut69, tirespinner, Tom23
oppweld (Offline)
  #8 9/12/22 5:23 PM
I've been to both of these tracks many times over the years. Last weekends races were the best non wing shows i've seen at each track!
5 Likes: cshuman, luckybuc97, racenut69, tirespinner, yeleyfan76
racenut69 (Offline)
  #9 9/12/22 5:55 PM
Drivers don't learn much racing at the same track every week.I also realize that not everyone can travel these days....Economy and costs su*k right now....JMO!....
Originally Posted by The bubs:

There is always room for one more in the corner! I'm disguised as a responsible adult!...
Michael Carter....
3 Likes: luckybuc97, oppweld, tirespinner
Greatful Ted (Offline)
  #10 9/12/22 6:45 PM
The wheel man at his best this past weekend
3 Likes: luckybuc97, oppweld, tirespinner