IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
macngravy (Offline)
  #51 2/15/22 1:59 PM
i grew up watchn and love big blocks, but they absolutely did not need to be there last night for practice, not with the cold weather. but i will say i was pleasantly surprised with car count for extreme sprints, heats were very good, feature was descent, few more laps would have been interesting, congrats to Leary. Also congrats to Casey Shuman and extreme team for a great 1st night.
2 Likes: tirespinner, WinglessLovers
richie (Online)
  #52 2/15/22 2:02 PM
Originally Posted by revjimk:
Car count of 37.... not bad at all
I wonder how many will show up for USAC races?
Had 43 tell us of their intentions to run at Ocala. Entry list was put out last week.

http://usacracing.com/component/k2/i...cala-feb-17-19
12 Likes: BrentTFunk, Charles Nungester, duel, fish, jdull99, luckybuc97, opnwhlmnd, racenut69, Sandy Lowe, sw1911, tirespinner, Will Shunk
BrentTFunk (Offline)
  #53 2/15/22 2:44 PM
I thought it was a pretty good races. Thought the heat races were not that great, but not every baseball game ends 3-2. I didn't really care for the format. Don't know that it made for better racing. It proved that Volusia can be racy for non wing. I also thought Klepper and Gibson worked well together.
4 Likes: Charles Nungester, Dirtfan, oppweld, tirespinner
cowboyhar69 (Offline)
  #54 2/15/22 4:47 PM
Bacon was in the #98 not his usual #69 HAR car.

Tim Wolffrum aka Cowboy
racefan20 (Offline)
  #55 2/15/22 5:43 PM
And evidently he will be Giles car tonight after his injury.

John Hoover

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus
3 Likes: BrentTFunk, oppweld, tirespinner
yeleyfan76 (Offline)
  #56 2/15/22 11:03 PM
Nice to see no single car qualifying. A waste of time,tires, and fuel as well as unnecessary wear on the surface. The faster cars in hot laps were inverted and the points were earned because of passing. Not just getting to a spot to relay on the aforementioned boring time trials. This format will allow for a variety of guys to be up front throughout the year. I won’t be the same five or six teams who spend the most money on a two lap setup. Kudos to them for being different. Now if only they would adopt double file restarts it would be even more extreme. ��
4 Likes: bigvee, Blitzman, dkdorkboy, Joekocjan
revjimk (Offline)
  #57 2/16/22 1:18 AM
Originally Posted by richie:
Had 43 tell us of their intentions to run at Ocala. Entry list was put out last week.

http://usacracing.com/component/k2/i...cala-feb-17-19
Thats great!
4 Likes: BrentTFunk, Charles Nungester, chrismattlin, tirespinner
revjimk (Offline)
  #58 2/16/22 1:24 AM
Originally Posted by racefan20:
And evidently he will be Giles car tonight after his injury.
That was a great thing for them to let Bacon drive their car, after their mechanical failure led to his wreck the nite before, & injured their driver.
When he finished 2nd he seemed really grateful... very cool
4 Likes: BrentTFunk, Charles Nungester, tirespinner, WinglessLovers
dsc1600 (Offline)
  #59 2/16/22 9:58 AM
I thought Volusia was great both nights for the new series.
4 Likes: BrentTFunk, Charles Nungester, JG5G, progressive22
Charles Nungester (Online)
  #60 2/16/22 10:02 AM
Originally Posted by yeleyfan76:
Nice to see no single car qualifying. A waste of time,tires, and fuel as well as unnecessary wear on the surface. The faster cars in hot laps were inverted and the points were earned because of passing. Not just getting to a spot to relay on the aforementioned boring time trials. This format will allow for a variety of guys to be up front throughout the year. I won’t be the same five or six teams who spend the most money on a two lap setup. Kudos to them for being different. Now if only they would adopt double file restarts it would be even more extreme. ��

I disagree with everything you posted. As a fan, I like to watch single car qualifying and don't want to see the same seven to ten cars on the track three different times. (Hot laps, Qualifying and Heat) also double file restarts breed more cautions and allow someone to game the system if it's a one groove track.

Charles Nungester
8 Likes: BrentTFunk, captrat, chrismattlin, erich45, oppweld, sp6967, spicoli, ThrowbackRacingTeam