IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Kokomo 5-22
5/22/16, 11:20 PM   #11
trannyman

Happy to hear the perspective was clean racing.I'm guessing,like usual,people will have different perspectives.I agree about the crew member.for one,let the drivers and officials work out disagreements.for two,takes a real coward to get involved and throw a sucker punch.Sounds like more than one of them has some growing up to do.
Last edited by trannyman; 5/22/16 at 11:38 PM.

2 members like this post: jim goerge, tirespinner
5/23/16, 1:31 AM   #12
Re: Kokomo 5-22
Nate

From what I seen from the stands it looked more clean than dirty to me. That said, either way one was going to finish 3rd, one was going to finish 4th in that heat in which only the top 2 were in invert positions. A bit of a risky move by Jarett perhaps but that said, it's racing, you're out there to get every position possible and if you're not...then why are you racing?

As far as the racing goes...wow! Kokomo did not disappoint once again. 3 wide racing all over the place and after a late caution the battle between Cottle and Thomas at the end was wild.

2 members like this post: interpreter66, jim goerge
5/23/16, 2:42 AM   #13
410racer

[QUOTE=Nate;446419]From what I seen from the stands it looked more clean than dirty to me. That said, either way one was going to finish 3rd, one was going to finish 4th in that heat in which only the top 2 were in invert positions...
So be it. i disagree it was clean, he did it to the 34 car 2 laps previous. But "Karmaa" got him. he pounded the 2nd turn wall as was a DNF. He got what he deserved,

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
5/23/16, 10:06 AM   #14
Stevensville Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by reeserx View Post
.....Kokomo continues to be THE BEST dirt track in Indiana and plus outta there by 9pm
Just torture me. We went to Butler Saturday Night to watch SOD. Butler ran four classes and SOD was third. We left at Lap 1 of the SOD feature during a lengthy red flag. When we got in the car it was 1:11 a.m. The modifieds that run there just chew up the time with their spins and stops. No spin rule in heats or mains.

Like GYATK94, I was too tired to go to Kokomo Sunday.

1 member likes this post: fish
5/23/16, 11:16 AM   #15
leary30

It takes 2 and when you come to the end of your rope something needs to be said & I have a different opinion on this matter because things are not always clear, so I think it needs to be said enough is enough. Tammi L

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
5/23/16, 12:25 PM   #16
WinglessLovers

Race Count This Year: 19
Race Count Last Year: 85

This was Klassic Kokomo!!! The feature was utterly amazing!! When KT pounded the wall with three to go in turn one we thought it was over for him. But he stomped on the gas, threw it up against the cushion and pounded the heck out of the cushion and passed Shane Cottle by inches at the line for the win!!! That race is why a fan goes out week after week to watch the most exciting sport in the world. Twelve dollars was indeed a steal so GYATK soon for the best racing in Indiana and probably in the country. Congrats to KT who is on a roll, Cottle for a tremendous race, Jerry Coons Jr. in an impressive run, Chris Windom who has the Baldwin Brothers orange crate running great and Dave Darland who made one mistake and went from second to fifth in the last six laps. That might show you how close the racing was last night. And even the super stocks come out afterwards and run 25 competitive laps non-stop. Hope we can find a video of this one to buy as it would be one to watch and watch and watch some more. It was that good!!!

Bruce and Pat Eckel

5/23/16, 12:44 PM   #17
streetglider

When you are at the end of your rope there's a big difference between saying something and sucker punching a guy. Would like to see these youngsters "talk" like that to Bob Kinser , Hewitt, or Gaines. There's no room for violence in our sport.

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
5/23/16, 1:16 PM   #18
Michael Dutcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetglider View Post
Hated to see CJ Leary act like a little kid & act like that. I was always hoping that he would be better than that. From my perspective Andretti ran him clean. To make matters worse it was in a heat race. And shame on his crew member that threw the sucker punch ! Definitely bad press for the Dutcher team.
Wow! You obviously weren't there. You need to get your facts straight. The Dutcher crew weren't even back from the grandstands yet while this discussion between the drivers was going on. If any cheap shots were thrown, it wasn't from the 17 crew.

2 members like this post: LRP36, tirespinner
5/23/16, 1:33 PM   #19
streetglider

Mike I can only tell you what my eyes seen & my phone recorded. If that want a crew member I'm not sure what he is. But he was in your pits all night. God bless you all

1 member likes this post: trannyman
5/23/16, 2:17 PM   #20
fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevensville Mike View Post
Just torture me. We went to Butler Saturday Night to watch SOD. Butler ran four classes and SOD was third. We left at Lap 1 of the SOD feature during a lengthy red flag. When we got in the car it was 1:11 a.m. The modifieds that run there just chew up the time with their spins and stops. No spin rule in heats or mains.

Like GYATK94, I was too tired to go to Kokomo Sunday.
If you left Butler before 1:30 you missed a whale of a sprint car finish. (Check out youtube)

The Butler modified feature was beyond description. I would post video of it, but the mayhem and poor calls made from the tower would just make someone mad.

I was too tired to go to Kokomo too .......
Last edited by fish; 5/23/16 at 2:20 PM.

1 member likes this post: Stevensville Mike
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Kokomo 5-22