IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
midgetmaniac (Offline)
  #21 1/19/14 11:36 AM
Originally Posted by ruts n guts:
Top 3? Really? Really? Top ten for sure, maybe top 5 but top 3 is a stretch.
Also, tough to say MavTV let us down, even in jest. They have given us what we longed for. LIVE dirt open wheel racing on TV.
I see what your saying. I put him in the top 3 because I think the jury is still out on some of the drivers. Larson would absolutely be the best if he would stay long enough which is not the case. Loyet has moved to sprints now. Daum and Hagan are very capable of some more great things for them in the future. Tracy Hines is a great driver and is good in everything he gets in , I was just limiting it to midgets. Thank you MAVTV for the broadcast, but please showcase more about other drivers besides the crybaby Swindell's. I know what they have done at the Chili Bowl should be recognized , but countless other individuals should get some publicity for their work in midget racing.
2 Likes: AustinSprinter, Johnhunt
Shawn (Offline)
  #22 1/19/14 11:38 AM
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester:
It was clear to me Cottle just wanted to get his point across. If he wanted to deck him He would have done just that..

Kuhn's retired now, Cottles got a bent up car and Hines got the transfer.
Tracy Hines had nothing to do with it. Ramey is the car that benefitted and grabbed the final transfer spot.
2 Likes: Jerry Shaw, racefan20
4wheelsinthekoosh (Offline)
  #23 1/19/14 11:53 AM
Geeeee wizzzz. Does every damn thing I say get taken so literally. I was takin about the fight part not the job they did all night. I can see mavtv bring back the Thursday night thunder considering how good they did.
4 Likes: mtek56, racer-x, Racer_dude35, STUMPS88
Jack Dupp (Offline)
  #24 1/19/14 12:10 PM
speed bump (Offline)
  #25 1/19/14 12:43 PM
...If you didn't like the T V coverage ...then go in person next year and shut the hell up .....I LIKED IT...
2 Likes: johnnythunderhead, weirracing
Rpracing1 (Offline)
  #26 1/19/14 1:01 PM
Hell, I thought the live FREE feed on the old Inter-web was Fantastic! Thanks Justin-TV
4 Likes: Charles Nungester, Chastain75, ronmil, speed bump
Scott Daloisio (Offline)
  #27 1/19/14 1:02 PM
Watching drivers fight on TV is not going to do the sport any good. Just makes us look like a bunch of rednecks to the general population. They do not understand.
10 Likes: ffrid, I Miss Manzy, interpreter66, jerrydt, johnnythunderhead, ronmil, speed bump, SPRINTCAR, Ty, wvwildthg
Johnhunt (Offline)
  #28 1/19/14 1:33 PM
Originally Posted by Scott Daloisio:
Watching drivers fight on TV is not going to do the sport any good. Just makes us look like a bunch of rednecks to the general population. They do not understand.
I agree 100%, but then again, when I was in college a big group of guys got together to watch WWF WWE whatever the heck it was. My point is it's the dumbest sport known to man, but they play hero vs. villains and it draws a crowd. A fight in national TV drew a crowd to nascrap, maybe dirt open wheel needs hero's and villains.
Scott Daloisio (Offline)
  #29 1/19/14 1:41 PM
Originally Posted by ruts n guts:
I agree 100%, but then again, when I was in college a big group of guys got together to watch WWF WWE whatever the heck it was. My point is it's the dumbest sport known to man, but they play hero vs. villains and it draws a crowd. A fight in national TV drew a crowd to nascrap, maybe dirt open wheel needs hero's and villains.
Certainly agree that we need hero's and villains.
johnnythunderhead (Offline)
  #30 1/19/14 2:51 PM
when it comes to having heros and villains in dirt track racin,, why do you think steve kinser drove a white car and Sammy swindell drove a black car back in the day?