IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
BrentTFunk (Offline)
  #31 5/2/22 7:10 PM
Originally Posted by yeleyfan76:
Every race track I go to here in Pa and NJ you can bring coolers with food and soda, beer, water or whatever you like. The question is if now you are separating these racing events from being professional sports events.
In Indiana you can't bring in beer or any alcohol if you sell it. There is an exemption for a track over 2 miles in length. It is enforced by state excise. Like anything else, you can do it until you get caught.
miledirt (Offline)
  #32 5/2/22 7:33 PM
Busch Stadium, St Louis Cardinals allow small soft side cooler allowed with food and drink. No glass or alcohol
Charles Nungester (Online)
  #33 5/2/22 9:52 PM
Originally Posted by miledirt:
Busch Stadium, St Louis Cardinals allow small soft side cooler allowed with food and drink. No glass or alcohol
Reds are the same

Charles Nungester
2 Likes: chrismattlin, miledirt
racefan20 (Offline)
  #34 5/2/22 11:01 PM
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk:
In Indiana you can't bring in beer or any alcohol if you sell it. There is an exemption for a track over 2 miles in length. It is enforced by state excise. Like anything else, you can do it until you get caught.
and of course there is only one track over 2 miles in length

John Hoover

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus
4 Likes: BrentTFunk, luckybuc97, racenut69, rimrider69
Chief Wahoo (Online)
  #35 5/3/22 7:59 AM
Originally Posted by jonboat15:

Been to PA much ? Maybe we shouldn't be included in today's world, we might not deserve it.
No I’ve never been. Would love to visit some tracks there someday. Was just listing places that I’m familiar with.

Eat dirt, be happy
Let’s go Brandon!!
Bryan Hirshman
jonboat15 (Offline)
  #36 5/3/22 8:53 AM
Originally Posted by Chief Wahoo:
No I’ve never been. Would love to visit some tracks there someday. Was just listing places that I’m familiar with.
My comment was directed towards captrat. As yeleyfan noted PA tracks seem pretty cooler friendly. Chief, come on over to PA sometime, our state slogan is "you have a friend in PA" at least that's what it used to be.
2 Likes: Chief Wahoo, oppweld
Midget98 (Offline)
  #37 5/3/22 11:06 AM
I guess I never realized how many people actually took carry-ins to races. Maybe it's more of an Indiana thing, because I don't see that at events here in Wisconsin. To me, part of the experience of going to the races is the track concessions. If I ever get to the point of not being able to afford a burger and a beer at the track, I probably wouldn't be spending my money on a ticket to attend either.
6 Likes: cowboyhar69, erich45, jdull99, Oleman61x, PIT CART, TQ29m
chrismattlin (Offline)
  #38 5/3/22 11:07 AM
I'm fine either way with THAT's policy, but since it was brought up, I'll add that from my experience that you can bring anything not glass to all Cincinnati Reds games as well as the Indy 500.

I'll also add that Terre Haute is one of a couple tracks in the state that is "grandfathered" to allow carry-in beverages while also being able to secure a liquor license to sell beer. I believe IMS and Bloomington are the other two.
The Old Coyote (Offline)
  #39 5/3/22 11:10 AM

Oh well, at least we're arguing about tires

Real Race Cars Don't Have Fenders!
Ed
2 Likes: cowboyhar69, PIT CART
BrentTFunk (Offline)
  #40 5/3/22 12:27 PM
Originally Posted by chrismattlin:
I'm fine either way with THAT's policy, but since it was brought up, I'll add that from my experience that you can bring anything not glass to all Cincinnati Reds games as well as the Indy 500.

I'll also add that Terre Haute is one of a couple tracks in the state that is "grandfathered" to allow carry-in beverages while also being able to secure a liquor license to sell beer. I believe IMS and Bloomington are the other two.
There is no grandfather clause that I know of. Bloomington never sold beer until after Miles left, so I can't see them being grandfathered in anyway.