IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
GYATK94 (Offline)
  #1 6/20/17 11:42 PM
This is just an appreciation post for the man.

He won with the all-stars again tonight. That makes an outlaw, a Cup, and two all star victories since last Tuesday. He's beating guys who run sprints every week. I know wings aren't too popular here, but I'm sure everyone can appreciate what he's doing. Even during midget week we saw him nab quick time both nights he drove, breaking Montpelier's track record. He was battling for the win at Gas City before spinning as well.

The best part is, he's only 24. We've already witnessed him sweep the four crown before the age of 20 and win countless other races. It's a bummer we can't have him completely immersed in the dirt world, but we can't be too selfish. Like Stewart and Kahne, the NASCAR money is allowing him to give back. I'm just thrilled Chip permits him to run as much dirt as he does.

Hopefully he can bring home the Cup title this year. Here's to watching this unbelievable talent and person wheel race cars for years to come.
53 Likes: 55fan, amiller24m, bighd0522, bigq11, bjr1655, Blackduce, Bobv, Bostonian, BrentTFunk, bus man, bzneil, dalemo, davidm, dirt330, dirtball, DirtHawk92, dirtnonwingfan, dkdorkboy, EBookerFan, erich45, FALCONEDDIE, fishnman, Ford Racing, gastown, hb56, i love dirt track racing, interpreter66, JarrettFarms73, jerrydt, jim goerge, jowen26, mc/rider, midnightrider, Nate, nathans1012, oppweld, Paul Westfall, racenut69, rachasin, Racingblues, rapid robert, rmr6nm, ronmil, Simon_says17, spicoli, superstock30, The Old Coyote, tirespinner, tj39, TNRustler, trannyman, WinglessLovers, Wizard 05
revjimk (Offline)
  #2 6/21/17 12:34 AM
Not to mention leading NASCAR in points too. He's at the top of his game now, full of confidence, & probably getting better. Love that he's still running dirt
Maybe he'll make a fortune in NASCAR quick & go back to what he really enjoys (dirt) at a young age... can only hope
10 Likes: BrentTFunk, Charles Nungester, davidm, dirtnonwingfan, i love dirt track racing, koolaid89, rapid robert, stealth43k, tirespinner, WinglessLovers
Rpracing1 (Offline)
  #3 6/21/17 7:35 AM
Guy has No Fear!
bullring fan (Offline)
  #4 6/21/17 7:54 AM
I would like to see Chip give him a shot at the Indy 500.
20 Likes: Bostonian, BrentTFunk, davidm, dirt330, DirtHawk92, fishnman, i love dirt track racing, IndianaSprintFan, jerrydt, koolaid89, mc/rider, oppweld, PIT CART, racenut69, ronmil, scottyCbus, spicoli, tirespinner, TNRustler, turn4
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #5 6/21/17 9:06 AM
Kyles got mad skills, He finds a way to get the most out of any car he's in at any track he's at.

What Im also seeing is the more rounded drivers beating the full time wingers on a regular basis. More rounded meaning Non Wing, midget, outlaw kart etc.

All that being said, Larson is probably the only driver out there that could match or beat the win totals the likes of S. Kinser, Wolfgang, Swindell and Shatz have put up over the years if he was to do it full time.

I'll go back to the Vogler Quote "POINTS RACING SUCKS"
I get it, those full time guys are out there to run for a championship, not necessarily one race.

Kyle, Rico, Bell and a few others have the luxury to show up, Race for nothing but fun and the win and if they don't. It's no major loss.

I don't see Kyle running a set line at almost any track, he always searches for more speed, if it's high in ona and two and low in three and four so be it. If it's diamonding. So be it. I watched the ultimate challenge or whatever it was called and it was only his second time in the Hoffman car. He was the only one that entered the corners right on the bottom where there was moisture. He was running a second faster laps than anyone until a few others started doing it (10-15 laps in)

Yung Money is quite possiblly the most talented driver I've ever seen in my lifetime. Don't forget, he even has a 24hrs of Daytona win.

Go Kyle!

Charles Nungester
9 Likes: DirtHawk92, dirtnonwingfan, EBookerFan, FALCONEDDIE, jerrydt, koolaid89, mc/rider, oppweld, racenut69
ISF (Offline)
  #6 6/21/17 9:59 AM
Strictly from a spectator standpoint Kyle Larson is, and has been, a joy and honor to watch race. We've watched him win in situations all the way from the Du Quoin Mile to the come from behind prelim wins and ROC's at The Chili Bowl to the Belleville Nationals having never seen the High Banks before to the Rolex 24 to Turkey Night at two completely different track configurations.

Early on we weren't able to fully grasp how so very good this kid is, but it sure is clearly apparent now. We intend to enjoy this kid to the fullest every chance we get because this obviously won't last forever.

I doubt very little that he'll get a shot at Indy.

Silver Crown Championship Dirt Cars properly driven on a one mile dirt track are classic poetry in motion. Using that analogy, Jack Hewitt is one of the greatest poets of all time.
3 Likes: EBookerFan, racenut69, tirespinner
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #7 6/21/17 10:37 AM
I read a article yesterday (I think it was on Nascar.com) That Stewart would be thrilled to have Yung Money on the team. Of course the article goes on to say that Larson is a top candidate for the 88 Hendricks car. And of course, That Larson is happy with Ganassi.

Im sticking with Ganassi re-sign. Chip is letting him run other forms. I think the only restriction is Non Wing Sprints, Chip has also built cars specifically for Kyle this year instead of the Hendricks Chassis. They are building their own. Also have stepped up their pit crew. (that's not easy or cheap) I remember one year when Dale Jarrett's team hired the whole Rainbow Warriors crew leaving Jeff to start over. Im not even sure Chip would have a choice. Kyle wins the Nascar Championship. Kyle might demand a indy ride just to re-sign

I mean, Come on, Alonso needs some competition. In his first Indy there wasn't much out there

Charles Nungester
rj1 (Offline)
  #8 6/21/17 12:35 PM
Hendrick may be desperate. All indications are they want to be rid of Kasey Kahne as his sponsors are leaving after this year and Kahne's a driver that's had a very good ride for a long time and not done all that much with it. And with Junior retiring, Hendrick does not want to have in his cars Johnson, Elliott (3rd year), Bowman (rookie) and Byron (rookie) who indications are is the next guy in the pipeline after Bowman. Supposedly Hendrick is real keen on Keselowski, but Larson is another available free agent and I'm sure Chevy would open the pocketbook for him.

I too think he'll stay at Ganassi.
2 Likes: nathans1012, tirespinner
fishnman (Offline)
  #9 6/21/17 2:38 PM
If by chance he did sign with Stewart/Haas in the off season, seeing how the owner feels about running all sorts of open wheel races, would any restrictions at all would be put into place on racing sprints, midgets, champ or any other form? Does Haas want to field an Indy car? Just a thought.
2 Likes: koolaid89, tirespinner
Wizard 05 (Offline)
  #10 6/21/17 3:12 PM
In my mind Kyle is the Modern Day Jack Hewitt,,,, Not that Jack can't still DO IT because he can.