IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
brsteg (Offline)
  #11 8/12/18 11:41 PM
Originally Posted by stoney:
Maybe the pacecar; He`s to fat for a indycar!
Originally Posted by Pat O'Connor Fan:
if/when, Tony would sure need to diet for a while before May

I believe his entry would sell tickets.
(who knows, I might even go myself and I wouldn't trade one Sunday night sprint car race at Kokomo for two Indy 500s !!) GYATK
He's in better shape now than when he got out of the Cup car best I can tell. Saw him at Eldora in June and he looked good.
jim goerge (Offline)
  #12 8/13/18 1:22 PM
Tony has nothing to prove in a Indy car. I"m thinking about other guys who retired and came back and didn"t have good endings, hate to see it happen again
Chase Hightower (Offline)
  #13 8/13/18 2:15 PM
I don't believe "proving anything", has anything to do with it at all. I don't really think he could do anything that would diminish his stats, career, or perception of him as a racer. That's what's made his whole career what is it to me. My guess is, there is a strong desire for him to win it for himself. I think everyone would agree he's got nothing to prove. I'd love to see it happen. The Daytona 500 wouldn't mean jack**** to me about his career with everything he has done, but Indy would! JMO, it's the only thing that would get me to buy a few tickets.... Well, unless Robert Ballou finds a ride.
3 Likes: jim goerge, mc/rider, RACrappieman
brsteg (Offline)
  #14 8/13/18 2:27 PM
Originally Posted by Chase Hightower:
JMO, it's the only thing that would get me to buy a few tickets.... Well, unless Robert Ballou finds a ride.
I'm not planning any more Indy 500 trips until Kyle Larson is on the entry list myself.

{Really special event to attend, but not being able to see the whole track and therefor race is a game killer for me.}
stoney (Offline)
  #15 8/13/18 5:39 PM
Originally Posted by brsteg:
He's in better shape now than when he got out of the Cup car best I can tell. Saw him at Eldora in June and he looked good.
He won`t fit in a indycar