IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Terre Haute Action Track Racing Sunday May 3rd
5/7/24, 3:19 PM   #51
Ilovedirttrackracing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtfan View Post
Thank You.
God bless America 🇺🇸

5 members like this post: Dirtfan, flagboy55, Hustlin-Hoosier, luckybuc97, PIT CART
5/8/24, 4:15 PM   #52
JWolfarth60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
Which kinda proves my point. All your doing is diluting the Headliner class.
Not necessarily in all cases. Anyone who's raced for any length of time knows there are two price levels: the price to show up and take part, and the price to be competitive. These two price points are VASTLY different. We race a 305 because the price to be competitive is substantially lower than it is with a 410, wing or non-wing. I can somewhat afford to put a competitive 305 on track (equipment-wise anyway, our driver's skill level is another story...), but have zero chance to do so currently with a 410. Showing up to ride around in the back of a 410 race with old tires and 150 hp down on the front-runners holds no interest whatsoever for me. If the 305 series didn't exist, our team wouldn't be running a 410. We probably would have already quit altogether and moved on to other projects away from dirt racing.

5/8/24, 5:17 PM   #53
Re: Terre Haute Action Track Racing Sunday May 3rd
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWolfarth60 View Post
Not necessarily in all cases. Anyone who's raced for any length of time knows there are two price levels: the price to show up and take part, and the price to be competitive. These two price points are VASTLY different. We race a 305 because the price to be competitive is substantially lower than it is with a 410, wing or non-wing. I can somewhat afford to put a competitive 305 on track (equipment-wise anyway, our driver's skill level is another story...), but have zero chance to do so currently with a 410. Showing up to ride around in the back of a 410 race with old tires and 150 hp down on the front-runners holds no interest whatsoever for me. If the 305 series didn't exist, our team wouldn't be running a 410. We probably would have already quit altogether and moved on to other projects away from dirt racing.
I totally get that.

What I don't get is why there are 305 Racesaver. 305 unlimited. 360 ASCS. 360 unlimited. Steel Block Sprints. Throw back sprintsfx 602 and 604 crates.

One thing for sure, There isn't enough each year entering 410's to replace those we're losing and I'm quite aware that's it's moved beyond most families ability to Run regularly.

I don't know what the answer is. But if tracks made a Hard RR Mandatory. some of these 360s and crates wouldn't be two second slower.

7 members like this post: erich45, flagboy55, Midget98, motorhead748, PIT CART, TQ29m
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Terre Haute Action Track Racing Sunday May 3rd