IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Kyle Larson High Limit Open Presented by K1 Race Wear
8/12/22, 12:24 AM   #31
Re: Kyle Larson High Limit Open Presented by K1 Race Wear
DaleDuBois

Those who are griping more than likely never raced a lap in their whole life. You have got to look at this as a racer to know what is best. Let's say 2 tracks are running the same night, one is paying $50 thousand to win and one is paying $20 thousand to win. As a racer for 50 years, I would look at which has the best payback and who is going to be there. Also, the cost of getting there.

8/12/22, 1:16 PM   #32
ginblueearth

Quote:
Originally Posted by flagboy55 View Post
Trying to wrap my head around how this Tuesday race is interfering in anyway with anything else. Knoxville ends Saturday. Jackson starts Thursday. What promotion is getting interference? A professional sprint car racer has a chance to race for $20,000 to win which is two days removed from any sanctioned event. They can go or not. There has been far greater pulls with less time than this one, and for less money. Gin, I recommend you take a breath, sit down, pour a little bourbon, and enjoy the show!
Sorry I don't drink. And I hope I am worked up over nothing. But I really don't see anybody. From out East. Going from Knoxville. To Indiana, and then going back to Jackson. Especially with the cost of diesel fuel now. The whole reason for scheduling Jackson After Knoxville was so teams could just stick around and run Jackson. You're right. Maybe they will go to Indiana and then back to Jackson. I hope you are right. But I don't think that's gonna happen. I think Jackson is gonna end up with less than 40 cars again. I honestly think Tod Quiring is gonna say. I'm not had a enough. I've tried everything I can. And paid out enough money to make this work, and it's not. That's it. I'm done with it. And I can't blame him. He spent millions of dollars. And built two of the nicest facilities in the country. It has one of the top race teams in the country. And is one of the biggest promoters of sprint car racing in the country. And Larson and sweet do. This to him. I personally think it's a crappy deal. Obviously you don't. I guess we'll see who's right. If a decent field, a car show up at Jackson, I'm wrong, you will be right? If they get in the 30s for car count, I guess I'll be right. We'll find out next week. Glen Murra

1 member likes this post: flagboy55
8/12/22, 2:57 PM   #33
BrentTFunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginblueearth View Post
Sorry I don't drink. And I hope I am worked up over nothing. But I really don't see anybody. From out East. Going from Knoxville. To Indiana, and then going back to Jackson. Especially with the cost of diesel fuel now. The whole reason for scheduling Jackson After Knoxville was so teams could just stick around and run Jackson. You're right. Maybe they will go to Indiana and then back to Jackson. I hope you are right. But I don't think that's gonna happen. I think Jackson is gonna end up with less than 40 cars again. I honestly think Tod Quiring is gonna say. I'm not had a enough. I've tried everything I can. And paid out enough money to make this work, and it's not. That's it. I'm done with it. And I can't blame him. He spent millions of dollars. And built two of the nicest facilities in the country. It has one of the top race teams in the country. And is one of the biggest promoters of sprint car racing in the country. And Larson and sweet do. This to him. I personally think it's a crappy deal. Obviously you don't. I guess we'll see who's right. If a decent field, a car show up at Jackson, I'm wrong, you will be right? If they get in the 30s for car count, I guess I'll be right. We'll find out next week. Glen Murra
Seems to me like Sweet and Larson are taking a pretty good risk too. West central Indiana isn't exactly a wing hot spot. If teams from back east are going to stay an extra week, they will still do it. I doubt that many that are only running Knoxville, are going to hang out for a few more days to run one night in Indiana. Putnamville is a bullring, which those guys don't run many of those. For as much as I hear about how strong racing is in your area, it seems tracks could draw more than 40 cars from a 200 to 300 mile radius. How many guys run Jackson regularly?

2 members like this post: flagboy55, ginblueearth
8/12/22, 3:07 PM   #34
opnwhlmnd

No east coast teams were going to stay for the Jackson race next weekend except for maybe Brent Marks. They will hit Larson's deal on way home and then the All-Stars have a speed week type deal in New York and PA starting next weekend all paying good money.

Dylan Cisney and the Wagners are chasing points at Port Royal which is paying extra money next Saturday. Macri will go back home to his comfort zone. T.J. Stutts is chasing points at Lincoln Speedway. Not many other top PA guys are even at Knoxville.

Brad Sweet can't even race in his new series as he is a WoO platinum member.

6 members like this post: BrentTFunk, Dale, flagboy55, ginblueearth, OnTheHammer, Vookie
8/12/22, 3:15 PM   #35

Quote:
This is what happens when you wait almost a week after the big race. Something that no one is talking about..... How many days are you and the team at the Nationals? Most teams spend almost a week out there. If the race was on Monday maybe Tuesday, teams would hang around. Many of these guys are headed immediately back home to get ready for races the following weekend. They are not going to set around idol for another 4 days.

1 member likes this post: ginblueearth
8/12/22, 3:35 PM   #36
Vookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by opnwhlmnd View Post
No east coast teams were going to stay for the Jackson race next weekend except for maybe Brent Marks. They will hit Larson's deal on way home and then the All-Stars have a speed week type deal in New York and PA starting next weekend all paying good money.

Dylan Cisney and the Wagners are chasing points at Port Royal which is paying extra money next Saturday. Macri will go back home to his comfort zone. T.J. Stutts is chasing points at Lincoln Speedway. Not many other top PA guys are even at Knoxville.

Brad Sweet can't even race in his new series as he is a WoO platinum member.
MOWA has a race at Lincoln {Illinois}Speedway set for August 19.

8/12/22, 4:16 PM   #37
ginblueearth

Who knows what the right answer is for the Jackson Nationals is. I guess I was surprised to see it moved back to August. That was tried before. At one time, it did have some success. If I remember right, they did have some car counts in the 60s. In the Early years of the VFW running Big Motors. And then after they got out. A couple other promoters. Ran it in August. Then it switched back to a 360. Nationals. And stayed that way until Tod took over. Tod has paid good money. But the car counts just haven't been there. Can't Blame. them for trying different dates. Their weekly shows. Are high paying 360 shows? With some 410 specials. During the year. Tied in with Knoxville. And Husets. Also ties in his 360 shows with Knoxville and. And they offer a $3000 bonus for winning at Jackson and Knoxville on the same. I guess I honestly don't know if it's still paying 50,000 to win. When they announced in January, it was moving to August. The world Of Outlaws. website had 50,000. Since then, there has been nothing said about what it's paying So if anybody knows put it on here. Since Tod Purchased Husets. Jackson has become the redheaded child. So to speak. That's why we were hoping. That this would increase the car Count. Because since last year, there has been talk. Of closing Jackson, because it's losing money. Glen Murra

8/12/22, 4:46 PM   #38
Andrew S. Quinn

Quote:
Who knows what the right answer is for the Jackson Nationals is. I guess I was surprised to see it moved back to August. That was tried before. At one time, it did have some success. If I remember right, they did have some car counts in the 60s. In the Early years of the VFW running Big Motors. And then after they got out. A couple other promoters. Ran it in August. Then it switched back to a 360. Nationals. And stayed that way until Tod took over. Tod has paid good money. But the car counts just haven't been there. Can't Blame. them for trying different dates. Their weekly shows. Are high paying 360 shows? With some 410 specials. During the year. Tied in with Knoxville. And Husets. Also ties in his 360 shows with Knoxville and. And they offer a $3000 bonus for winning at Jackson and Knoxville on the same. I guess I honestly don't know if it's still paying 50,000 to win. When they announced in January, it was moving to August. The world Of Outlaws. website had 50,000. Since then, there has been nothing said about what it's paying So if anybody knows put it on here. Since Tod Purchased Husets. Jackson has become the redheaded child. So to speak. That's why we were hoping. That this would increase the car Count. Because since last year, there has been talk. Of closing Jackson, because it's losing money. Glen Murra
Is having the Jackson Nationals right after Knoxville a good idea? I would think many of the fans would be out of $$$ if they went to the Knoxville Nationals,and possibly the 360 Nats the week before...Front Row Challenge....Capitani Classic etc etc.

I could see Lincoln Park being good for MOWA regulars,some stragglers from Ohio,Danny Smith etc. Probably asking a bit much for the locals from Farmington Mo. to come over.

3 members like this post: BrentTFunk, flagboy55, ginblueearth
8/12/22, 7:38 PM   #39
BrentTFunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew S. Quinn View Post
Is having the Jackson Nationals right after Knoxville a good idea? I would think many of the fans would be out of $$$ if they went to the Knoxville Nationals,and possibly the 360 Nats the week before...Front Row Challenge....Capitani Classic etc etc.

I could see Lincoln Park being good for MOWA regulars,some stragglers from Ohio,Danny Smith etc. Probably asking a bit much for the locals from Farmington Mo. to come over.
I think it could be good for MOWA guys, but Ohio guys don't travel. Circle City learned that last year. Hard to follow one of the biggest events there is, ASQ said, people only have so much time and money.
Last edited by BrentTFunk; 8/12/22 at 7:41 PM. Reason: added last sentence

3 members like this post: Andrew S. Quinn, flagboy55, ginblueearth
8/12/22, 8:57 PM   #40
ginblueearth

Is it correct that outlaw teams cannot run this show or did the World of Outlaws give them permission to run this. Or has it not been decided. Because of people go there thinking they're gonna see. The outlaw teams. And there not there, there's gonna be a lot of P.O. people. I'd like somebody else said with this being in non wing. Country. They might not have that bigger field of cars. Both tracks could have a small field. And a lot of disappointed fans. Glen Murra

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Kyle Larson High Limit Open Presented by K1 Race Wear