IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Kyle Larson High Limit Open Presented by K1 Race Wear
8/11/22, 10:03 AM   #21
Re: Kyle Larson High Limit Open Presented by K1 Race Wear
Chief Wahoo

Race Count This Year: 3
Race Count Last Year: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
I get the feeling that WoO is going to play hardball and while they will be big races with big names. Im not sure the top ten in Woo will be there.
And I'm ok with that, let some smaller teams have a shot.

5 members like this post: Charles Nungester, Dirtfan, flagboy55, Milly, racenut69
8/11/22, 10:51 AM   #22
Dirtfan

Race Count This Year: 51
Race Count Last Year: 57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
No, that is there plan, I've heard of no concrete scheduled races. And the non 50k's were supposed to be 22k.

Easy Charles,step back from the keyboard,have a smoke or two,unbelievable you haven't heard of this.LoL

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"

2 members like this post: Charles Nungester, WingedFan2019
8/11/22, 11:07 AM   #23
nathans1012

Race Count This Year: 7
Race Count Last Year: 34

I watch video of the announcement from the Eldora media center in the infield

2 races will be $50,000 to win and the rest will be $23,000 to win

As far as the one dude whining about it. Please it’s not a World Of Outlaws race so all your WOO guys will be at Jackson and unless NOSA has a race that weekend you might get most of them as well.

2 members like this post: chrismattlin, Ilovedirttrackracing
8/11/22, 3:06 PM   #24
opnwhlmnd

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginblueearth View Post
It was announced in January let the Jackson Nationals were moving from June to the week after the Knoxville Nationals. With the hope the cars from out East would stick around and run the Jackson Nationals and increase the car count. Last year for 50,000 to win the only had 32 cars it was a World of Outlaws race they hoped moving into August would increase car count .Tod Quiring Has spent a ton of money on Jackson Motorplex and is the top sprint car owner in this country and one of the sprint cars biggest promoters . And Is spending? a ton of money on Sprint car Racing now Kyle Larson and Brad Sweet come in and decide the schedule a show 2 days . Before the Jackson Nationals in Indiana and make the teams drive from Knoxville all the way to Indiana . And back to Jackson. If they wanna run the Nationals there. Now you know the. Sprint car teams. from out east. Are not going to go back to Jackson now with the price of diesel fuel? So the Jackson Nationals will probably just be. A regular world of Outlaws show again. So, like I said, Larson and sweet. Basically hurt the fans. Hurt Tod. And if they would've really wanted to help sprint car racing, they would have had the race back. In Iowa or Minnesota someplace or Nebraska. There are plenty of tracks that could have held it in this area. So I hope that explains it for all of you that couldn't figure it out. If this is how they're gonna operate next year, This is gonna be just like the USA Deal back in the 80s and 90s. Or whenever it was. The handwriting's on the wall. They're saying one thing, but they're doing just the opposite. It could be great, but not the way they're doing it now. Glen Murra
This post wore me out for the day. The sad part is it was even edited.

3 members like this post: Dale, OnTheHammer, Scott Daloisio
8/11/22, 3:41 PM   #25
Rpracing1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtfan View Post
Easy Charles,step back from the keyboard,have a smoke or two,unbelievable you haven't heard of this.LoL
Smoking is Bad Dan.

3 members like this post: Dirtfan, Hustlin-Hoosier, racenut69
8/11/22, 3:46 PM   #26
ginblueearth

Quote:
Originally Posted by opnwhlmnd View Post
This post wore me out for the day. The sad part is it was even edited.
Well, they asked to explain my reasoning. So I did. And Had to change it because of spelling for the grammar police. And as you can see, I also said. The Larsons and Sweets . Deal is not a bad idea. They just need to cooperate with other people. And not split the car count up. And hurt fans. And race teams and promoters. And track owners. Which is exactly what they're doing with their first race. Sorry I wore you out. You must have not got enough rest. Your a real senior citizen. You must be one of those that falls asleep at a race to. That was just my thoughts. I have been going today races for 60 years. Think I know a little bit about it. I've seen the good and the bad. And this is some of the bad. Glen Murra

8/11/22, 4:06 PM   #27
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginblueearth View Post
Well, they asked to explain my reasoning. So I did. And Had to change it because of spelling for the grammar police. And as you can see, I also said. The Larsons and Sweets . Deal is not a bad idea. They just need to cooperate with other people. And not split the car count up. And hurt fans. And race teams and promoters. And track owners. Which is exactly what they're doing with their first race. Sorry I wore you out. You must have not got enough rest. Your a real senior citizen. You must be one of those that falls asleep at a race to. That was just my thoughts. I have been going today races for 60 years. Think I know a little bit about it. I've seen the good and the bad. And this is some of the bad. Glen Murra

All that show up at all the tracks, Will be there.

2 members like this post: Hustlin-Hoosier, Milly
8/11/22, 6:54 PM   #28
Rhody

Race Count This Year: 9

Splitting up the car count is good for the racers. If all the same cars show up for all the big races, the same guys take home all the money. I know when I show up I would rather go home with 1000 for starting the A than 200 for running the B. If 100 cars show up, 76 guys go home with pocket change. If 2 tracks run and pay well, and each gets 50 cars, 48 cars get some decent money, 2 guys get big money and only 52 guys go home with pocket change. Option B sounds like a better way to grow the sport to me.

9 members like this post: 3R, erich45, Hustlin-Hoosier, mc/rider, OnTheHammer, PIT CART, Rcar, TQ29m, WB22
8/11/22, 10:37 PM   #29
ginblueearth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhody View Post
Splitting up the car count is good for the racers. If all the same cars show up for all the big races, the same guys take home all the money. I know when I show up I would rather go home with 1000 for starting the A than 200 for running the B. If 100 cars show up, 76 guys go home with pocket change. If 2 tracks run and pay well, and each gets 50 cars, 48 cars get some decent money, 2 guys get big money and only 52 guys go home with pocket change. Option B sounds like a better way to grow the sport to me.
If that's how it works out, it'll be great. But if I remember right back when the USA Deal happened. There were times when they ran against the. Outlaws. On the same night. And I'm not saying that's what's gonna happen this time. But if it does, they could have small fields of cars. When it happened back then, I can remember them having less than 20 cars at each race. I think there are even a couple times they were down in the teens. For car count. Now, no promoter is gonna get away with charging 35 or 40 bucks for that. But I guess, like you say, everybody's gonna make good money. For a while, anyhow, Glen Murra

8/11/22, 11:49 PM   #30
flagboy55

Trying to wrap my head around how this Tuesday race is interfering in anyway with anything else. Knoxville ends Saturday. Jackson starts Thursday. What promotion is getting interference? A professional sprint car racer has a chance to race for $20,000 to win which is two days removed from any sanctioned event. They can go or not. There has been far greater pulls with less time than this one, and for less money. Gin, I recommend you take a breath, sit down, pour a little bourbon, and enjoy the show!

4 members like this post: Charles Nungester, Dale, Hustlin-Hoosier, opnwhlmnd
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Kyle Larson High Limit Open Presented by K1 Race Wear