IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Kyle Larson High Limit Open Presented by K1 Race Wear
8/10/22, 3:37 PM   #11
Re: Kyle Larson High Limit Open Presented by K1 Race Wear
Chief Wahoo

Race Count This Year: 4
Race Count Last Year: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginblueearth View Post
Thanks for cooperating with the Jackson Nationals. I thought the whole idea of this new series was to help sprint car racing. But it shares appears to me that your hell bent on hurting sprint car racing and and fans great job Kyle Larson and Brad Sweet thanks A lot. Glen Murra
What are you talking about? Please explain your logic. Tuesday night race in Putnamville and Jackson starts on Thursday. How is that going to hurt Jackson?

4 members like this post: chrismattlin, Ilovedirttrackracing, Milly, TNRustler
8/10/22, 3:39 PM   #12
Rhody

Race Count This Year: 9

How is an additional big money race hurting anyone? I think a bunch of Ohio guys who aren't going to Jackson anyway may think this is a great idea. PA guys headed back home might be big fans of this race too. Guys who have the resources probably aren't worried about 16 hours of driving over the course over 5 days to race for a fat purse.

8/10/22, 9:33 PM   #13
ginblueearth

It was announced in January let the Jackson Nationals were moving from June to the week after the Knoxville Nationals. With the hope the cars from out East would stick around and run the Jackson Nationals and increase the car count. Last year for 50,000 to win the only had 32 cars it was a World of Outlaws race they hoped moving into August would increase car count .Tod Quiring Has spent a ton of money on Jackson Motorplex and is the top sprint car owner in this country and one of the sprint cars biggest promoters . And Is spending? a ton of money on Sprint car Racing now Kyle Larson and Brad Sweet come in and decide the schedule a show 2 days . Before the Jackson Nationals in Indiana and make the teams drive from Knoxville all the way to Indiana . And back to Jackson. If they wanna run the Nationals there. Now you know the. Sprint car teams. from out east. Are not going to go back to Jackson now with the price of diesel fuel? So the Jackson Nationals will probably just be. A regular world of Outlaws show again. So, like I said, Larson and sweet. Basically hurt the fans. Hurt Tod. And if they would've really wanted to help sprint car racing, they would have had the race back. In Iowa or Minnesota someplace or Nebraska. There are plenty of tracks that could have held it in this area. So I hope that explains it for all of you that couldn't figure it out. If this is how they're gonna operate next year, This is gonna be just like the USA Deal back in the 80s and 90s. Or whenever it was. The handwriting's on the wall. They're saying one thing, but they're doing just the opposite. It could be great, but not the way they're doing it now. Glen Murra
Last edited by ginblueearth; 8/10/22 at 9:36 PM.

1 member likes this post: treecitytornado
8/10/22, 9:52 PM   #14
Chief Wahoo

Maybe the opposite will happen? Maybe teams will go to Jackson and Lincoln Park be will be a bust? I wouldn’t go all scorched earth just yet. They haven’t even had the first race of their new series yet, nor have we seen what’s planned for next year.

4 members like this post: chrismattlin, flagboy55, Hustlin-Hoosier, PIT CART
8/10/22, 11:11 PM   #15
flagboy55

Gin, you seem a bit sensitive. If teams were planning on vacationing from Saturday till Thursday, they can do that. No one is holding a gun to their head to make them go to Indiana. They can stay in the land of 10,000 lakes and sing kumbaya around the campfire. Racers have a chance to race for big money on what I’m sure will be a big stream draw on a Tuesday night. There will be plenty of cars to make a great show, and it’s important to note that the Outlaw platinum members won’t be there. I’m pretty sure few if any fans planning on attending the Jackson race will be driving to LPS. If you’re gonna blame the cost of fuel, put that where the obvious blame belongs. Don’t blame the race that gives sprint car racers a chance at a big payday.

4 members like this post: Chief Wahoo, chrismattlin, Hustlin-Hoosier, Milly
8/11/22, 12:22 AM   #16
Vookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginblueearth View Post
Thanks for cooperating with the Jackson Nationals. I thought the whole idea of this new series was to help sprint car racing. But it shares appears to me that your hell bent on hurting sprint car racing and and fans great job Kyle Larson and Brad Sweet thanks A lot. Glen Murra
The All Stars have races scheduled in the state of New York the following weekend after the Nationals, so those teams will not be at the Jackson Nationals. Most of the Pennsylvania teams will return home after this weekend. IRA has a race at Wilmot that Saturday night. I'm not sure why you upset with Sweet and Larson for.

4 members like this post: chrismattlin, flagboy55, Hustlin-Hoosier, Milly
8/11/22, 1:06 AM   #17
DaleDuBois

I'm sure Lincoln Park will have plenty fans and cars as Lincoln Park has the best location of any track in the mid-west. They are just and easy drive West of Indy and a short drive East of Terre Haute. Then there is Brazil and Greencastle next door, also Bloomington on the South and Lafayette on the North. As I'm not much of a fan of Sprint Cars with wings, I won't be there. I think the 305's would have more fans and cars if they were non-winged.
Last edited by DaleDuBois; 8/11/22 at 1:09 AM. Reason: miss spelling

3 members like this post: Hustlin-Hoosier, mc/rider, TQ29m
8/11/22, 9:18 AM   #18
Dirtfan

Race Count This Year: 51
Race Count Last Year: 57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Wahoo View Post
Maybe the opposite will happen? Maybe teams will go to Jackson and Lincoln Park be will be a bust? I wouldn’t go all scorched earth just yet. They haven’t even had the first race of their new series yet, nor have we seen what’s planned for next year.
Next year there are so far 12 races scheduled,2 $50K to win rest are $20K to win.

Chief will you be back from Dingus in time to make LPS Tuesday?LoL.

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"

3 members like this post: Chief Wahoo, Hustlin-Hoosier, Ilovedirttrackracing
8/11/22, 9:24 AM   #19
Chief Wahoo

Yup, already got my tickets.

2 members like this post: Hustlin-Hoosier, Ilovedirttrackracing
8/11/22, 9:53 AM   #20
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtfan View Post
Next year there are so far 12 races scheduled,2 $50K to win rest are $20K to win.

No, that is there plan, I've heard of no concrete scheduled races. And the non 50k's were supposed to be 22k.

I get the feeling that WoO is going to play hardball and while they will be big races with big names. Im not sure the top ten in Woo will be there.
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 8/11/22 at 9:55 AM.

1 member likes this post: chrismattlin
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Kyle Larson High Limit Open Presented by K1 Race Wear