IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
The Old Coyote (Online)
  #21 8/5/22 8:17 AM
Originally Posted by TQ29m:
The more you think about it, the easier it becomes, my motto has always been, "give a lazy man a hard job, and he'll find an easy way to do it ".
I tried that when managing a manufacturing operation. It didn't work.
Useless is useless!!

Real Race Cars Don't Have Fenders!
Ed
TQ29m (Offline)
  #22 8/5/22 9:25 AM
I had a good dose of that myself, I was in charge of 88 test cells with dynos, and about half that number of people, on 3 shifts, it only takes 1 bad 🍎, and every thing is spoiled.

"Being old, isn't half as much fun, as getting there"! Ole Robert I!
TQ29m (Offline)
  #23 8/5/22 9:30 AM
Ph, an easy way to ck the hoses, just the return and pressure is to just turn them end for end and see if anything changes

HDbill (Offline)
  #24 8/5/22 10:02 AM
There is no suction at the oil filter. Remember to lube the gasket and don't over tighten at installation. Then most guys use a hose clamp to assure it can't come off or loosen. There is no sense in running the pumps with the pan plug out. There is always oil available to leak out there because the pickups only start removing oil when they are submerged. Otherwise they will take the path of least resistance and just pull air. Talk to Barnes. They are the experts. But these engines vibrate like crazy and cracks in the pan have been found are common. There must be a vacuum leak between the bottom of the pickups and the pump. So a close inspection of the hoses from the pump to the pan could find something (like a loose or defective hose our fitting. look in the ports of the pump and make certain that the rotors are not scarred from a previous failure. 80# at idle is also common on a Gaerte.l. Remember you have one section putting oil in. But two sections coming out. You don't have a supply problem. 100% of the problem is in the return. If the suction sections of the pump are good. Then you have a leak somewhere between the bottom of the pickups in the pan and the pump. Or a restriction between the pump and the tank. Simple as that.
TQ29m (Offline)
  #25 8/13/22 2:47 PM
Any new info on this issue 🤔