IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Hunter Schuerenberg
2/4/10, 1:15 PM   #1
Hunter Schuerenberg
TeamCGR

I don't normally post here about issues or persons unless they are related to Team CGR in some manner. However I felt compelled to reach out to the IOW community about Hunter Schuerenberg. Hunter heads into 2010 without a ride. It is quite a surprise to me and I am sure a lot of you. In 2008 while partnered with Jeff Walker, he was a dominate force. He won just about everywhere, including some big shows. None more dominate than when he came from last to first to win at Kokomo.

2009 was obviously challenging for this young man, as it was for many. The split between Hunter and Jeff Walker was tough and due to the dismal economy, Hunter was forced to move around quite a bit. Everyone knows that Chemistry is key to winning teams so it was tough for him in 09.

I have gotten to know Hunter and his Family quite well over the last 2 years. They are a very close knit Family with tremendous values. Like many, they have exhausted most of their personal assets to Race and capitalize on Hunter's abilities. This young man is one of the finest young men I have ever been around including outside racing. Cordial, respectful, strong faith and an incredible work ethic. All of you know that our interest's are in furthering Coleman's racing career and our resources are directed to his efforts. However, if I was looking for a driver that represents everything you are looking for in a quality, hard working individual; Hunter would be in my car.

No, he does not have dollars to bring to an organization but the qualities I have described are something that is tough to find these days. If you are looking to put a fine young man with a lot of talent in your car, I would contact Hunter. This is a really good "kid". I say that with the deepest respect. Please consider this a full endorsement of Hunter Schuerenberg.

Hunter, good luck and keep digging. Your future is very bright. We wish you the very best.

Pete Gulick
www.colemangulick.com
Join us on Facebook: Coleman Gulick Racing
God Bless our Troops and God Bless the USA

2/4/10, 1:29 PM   #2
Re: Hunter Schuerenberg
Shawn

Very nice post, Pete. Best of luck to Hunter!

2/4/10, 2:41 PM   #3
LEADERS EDGE

I agree with you, but I just want to say that while Hunter doesn't have a "full" time deal; the Epperson Painting car he has been driving on a part time scedule is a good ride.

I agree that I too would like to see Hunter in a full time situation, but I also think that the Eppersons need to be acknowledged in some capacity for helping keep Hunter visable.

3 members like this post: AustinSprinter, jjones776
2/4/10, 3:03 PM   #4
TeamCGR

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEADERS EDGE View Post
I agree with you, but I just want to say that while Hunter doesn't have a "full" time deal; the Epperson Painting car he has been driving on a part time scedule is a good ride.

I agree that I too would like to see Hunter in a full time situation, but I also think that the Eppersons need to be acknowledged in some capacity for helping keep Hunter visable.
Unaware of the situation. No slight intended whatsoever. Maybe it could turn into a full time situation. Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

pg
www.colemangulick.com
Join us on Facebook: Coleman Gulick Racing
God Bless our Troops and God Bless the USA

2/4/10, 4:09 PM   #5
quicktime3

It's been said that he's running the Epperson car in Florida coming up. A bunch of guys out there wish they had that opportunity, I'm sure...
For whatever reason, things did not look so stout when he was with Walker at the end of last year.

2/4/10, 9:10 PM   #6
Sprintwatcher

Well said Pete !

2/4/10, 9:45 PM   #7
TRUCKER D

good luck to hunter hope some one picks him up this is a sad deal hunter is a good guy and a good driver

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Hunter Schuerenberg