IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Closed Thread
Nate (Offline)
  #11 6/26/18 6:00 PM
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk:
Where do you see that is only for Thursday? I will say this, if that is for 2 days that is a heck of a bargain.
That's what I was thinking. $35-$50 for both days is a reasonable price IMO.

Nate Bickel - @natefb22
addictedtodirt (Offline)
  #12 6/26/18 6:23 PM
I agree with you, for both days. My fear is that is per day. Guessing $35 GA and $50 pit. Again, that is a guess and I will wait for the full details to come out.
Either way this is making for a great week to take off work. With a full slate of 6 USAC show's over 8 days. Sprints to kick off the days before the BC39 near St. Lou for 2 days, crown cars at DuQuoin, a break for travel back to Indy before the IMS midget shows and USAC sprints back at Gas City!
4 Likes: BrentTFunk, nathans1012, PIT CART, wildman92
Jonr (Offline)
  #13 6/26/18 6:54 PM
People in Indiana really have no idea on what other people pay to watch a race. I am thinking about going to WOO show in Knoxville this weekend. This is just a middle of the summer two day show. GA is $30/night with reserved seating $37/night. For the Knoxville Nationals, it is a four day show and the prices are between $43/night to $49/night depending on location.

Tickets for this race being between $35 and $50/night is the proper price to charge. Race fans have been living with the "Indiana Discount" for so long that they have lost track of reality.
8 Likes: BrentTFunk, dirt330, i love dirt track racing, nathans1012, PIT CART, Sandy Lowe, speed bump, trackprep
racefan20 (Offline)
  #14 6/26/18 7:08 PM
Originally Posted by addictedtodirt:
I agree with you, for both days. My fear is that is per day. Guessing $35 GA and $50 pit. Again, that is a guess and I will wait for the full details to come out.
Either way this is making for a great week to take off work. With a full slate of 6 USAC show's over 8 days. Sprints to kick off the days before the BC39 near St. Lou for 2 days, crown cars at DuQuoin, a break for travel back to Indy before the IMS midget shows and USAC sprints back at Gas City!
I chatted with someone on the IMS site and the $50 is for the reserved seats in the upper half of the stands

John Hoover

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus
addictedtodirt (Offline)
  #15 6/26/18 7:49 PM
If that's the case, so be it John. I'll be there. In the best cheap seat I can get.
2 Likes: BLASTER1, BrentTFunk
BLASTER1 (Offline)
  #16 6/26/18 9:57 PM
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk:
Where do you see that is only for Thursday? I will say this, if that is for 2 days that is a heck of a bargain.
Read here.... https://www.indianapolismotorspeedwa...6992BB825&_z=z
Rapid Rick (Offline)
  #17 6/26/18 10:22 PM
Will all seating need to be constructed or will they use the North Vista?
Dick Monahan (Offline)
  #18 6/26/18 10:42 PM
Originally Posted by addictedtodirt:
With a full slate of 6 USAC show's over 8 days. Sprints to kick off the days before the BC39 near St. Lou for 2 days, crown cars at DuQuoin, ...
Just the immediate 4 days will be good enough for some of us travelers: Wed+Thu at IMS, Fri at Gas City, Sat at Putnamville.
Scooter (Offline)
  #19 6/26/18 10:48 PM
Great idea. Sounds like a bit of a cluster with shuttles n such. I’m sure they have a good plan!

We’ll see how it pans out...this is a great thing for dirt track racing.
wcbrock02 (Offline)
  #20 6/27/18 12:33 PM
You can buy a 2 day pit pass with no grandstand access for $65 so I'm guessing the $35-$50 might be for both days.
Closed Thread