IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Former Boswell (Kamp) owner now owns Chandler?
4/15/24, 9:17 PM   #11
Rpracing1

Daugherty ran an unsuccessful bid for Evansville Mayor last year as an independent candidate. FYI.

4/16/24, 12:36 PM   #12
Re: Former Boswell (Kamp) owner now owns Chandler?
cl124

So being from the area (actually I own the property across the road on one side). I'm a bit confused and intrigued by this thread. Last I saw this property is going up for auction on 4/30 at noon i believe it is. I saw where this guy had posted asking locals if there was still an interest in a race track for this location but did not see where he purchased it. Did he purchase it and auction is no longer happening?

4/16/24, 2:46 PM   #13
Rpracing1

Quote:
Originally Posted by cl124 View Post
So being from the area (actually I own the property across the road on one side). I'm a bit confused and intrigued by this thread. Last I saw this property is going up for auction on 4/30 at noon i believe it is. I saw where this guy had posted asking locals if there was still an interest in a race track for this location but did not see where he purchased it. Did he purchase it and auction is no longer happening?
On FB, so gotta be true..................

2 members like this post: Hustlin-Hoosier, racenut69
4/17/24, 1:35 PM   #14
Gene Franckowiak

I'm not a fan either but rather a car owner, partner in another team, sponsor, etc. Race tracks are closing all over the country and possilby it would be prudent not to criticize guys who are trying to keep them open.....no matter how you feel personally about them. I have some of the same thoughts you have butt about some of the Central PA track owners but always remember this....if a track owner gets disillusioned with owning a track, he can sell it for more than he paid for it....and us racers will sell our equipment for pennies on the dollar. Racers do not hold the winning hand in the raccing game.

4 members like this post: bighd0522, interpreter66, mlamb, oppweld
4/17/24, 1:40 PM   #15
Gene Franckowiak

Maybe he is being kind......but tracks are disappearing all over the country and I always kind think that when a business/track owner gets tired of the personal attacks, they sell their track and boom a strip mall or condos pop up....and then we cry. In my area, the track owners all own other successful businesses and own the tracks because they love the sport.....constant critizism can kill the love.

3 members like this post: BrentTFunk, cowboyhar69, mlamb
4/17/24, 2:55 PM   #16
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

Rumor on the street is Daugherty purchased the joint and he plans on having Reno Fontana promote it.

Sorry, I just can't help thinking of that pairing.

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

3 members like this post: Hustlin-Hoosier, nathans1012, OnTheHammer
4/17/24, 3:35 PM   #17
PJ Wright

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mud Packer View Post
Rumor on the street is Daugherty purchased the joint and he plans on having Reno Fontana promote it.

Sorry, I just can't help thinking of that pairing.
With Dave Allison as race director.😂
You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because you're all the same. Copied from the back of the #16 supermodified.

5 members like this post: 2fast4u, Hustlin-Hoosier, nathans1012, oppweld, PIT CART
4/17/24, 3:44 PM   #18
jmamcd

I was at Kamp the year they hosted a Sprint Week show. It wasn't dirty; it was filthy. Unwatchable. What a dump!

2 members like this post: nathans1012, oppweld
4/18/24, 8:54 AM   #19
RacingFan52

Race Count This Year: 1

Does anybody know if Reno Fontana was Michael Daugherty's campaign manager in his run for mayor?

2 members like this post: nathans1012, oppweld
4/18/24, 9:42 AM   #20
progressive22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene Franckowiak View Post
Why didn't you bid. I'm surprised you didn't take a big rsk to prevent a "knucklehead" from getting the track......perhaps the guy who could get the money to buy the track is not the knucklehead ?
Clueless!

1 member likes this post: PIT CART
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Former Boswell (Kamp) owner now owns Chandler?