IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > KT Jr The Announcer
6/22/21, 3:26 PM   #31
reeserx

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildman92 View Post
Everyone seems to love Johnny Gibson but Lordy, I have to turn my volume down when watching a WOO show because he’s WAY over the top IMO. But I do just that, turn it down and enjoy the race.
ABSOLUTELY! I love his passion but his voice drives me bananas especially when he’s screeching lol.

2 members like this post: Grocery Guy, interpreter66
6/22/21, 3:32 PM   #32
reeserx

I personally enjoy Tony’s announcing. You can tell he is truly enjoying what he is watching and it shows with his level of excitement. That’s how I get at a track when I’m there. I’m hooting and hollering. I’m having fun.That’s what we are supposed to do at a race right? Have fun? Tony is having fun while announcing. I can’t fault him for that. He has improved immensely for someone with no dirt background at all. I say let’s give this guy a chance before we put him out to pasture. Just my opinion

6/22/21, 5:00 PM   #33
wildman92

Race Count This Year: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by reeserx View Post
ABSOLUTELY! I love his passion but his voice drives me bananas especially when he’s screeching lol.
I want to bang my head on the wall everyone I hear “It’s the NOS Energy Faaaaaaaasssssssssst Paaaaaaaaaasssssss Daaaaaaassssssshhhhhhh”.

2 members like this post: Chief Wahoo, reeserx
6/22/21, 5:06 PM   #34
reeserx

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildman92 View Post
I want to bang my head on the wall everyone I hear “It’s the NOS Energy Faaaaaaaasssssssssst Paaaaaaaaaasssssss Daaaaaaassssssshhhhhhh”.
It’s so loud that I can hear his voice on the PA system while the feature is going on when WOO is at Kokomo. Pure insanity.

6/22/21, 11:09 PM   #35
Re: KT Jr The Announcer
Chris Nunn

Race Count This Year: 20

Announcing is a combination of the best job in racing and the worst job in racing. Ive been doing it since 2001, and lord knows ive had a lot of people saying the same things about me. Its not the easiest job in the world to do. Announcers....we are an extension of ourselves, just dialed up to about 11 or so. When I started, I thought screaming at the top of my lungs was the way to go, but as the years go on, just talking and dialing it up just enough to where you dont blow out the speakers or peoples eardrums is the way to go. Not every person is going to like every announcer. At the end of the day, its our jobs to just let you know whos driving what car, some background information, and upcoming events, and to hopefully enhance the experience at the track.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > KT Jr The Announcer