IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > J.O Memorial, Lawrenceburg. Sat April 13th
4/15/24, 3:32 PM   #31
TQ29m

Dint!

4/15/24, 3:33 PM   #32
Re: J.O Memorial, Lawrenceburg. Sat April 13th
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
https://www.facebook.com/reel/435492709057599

Don't know if that worked I guess it does if you have Facebook

Word Im seeing is the car hit the wall as the tow truck was pulling him sitting on the nerf off the track. Doesn't look like any punches were thrown, driver is getting out as Robert walks up cussing him out.

Kind of a bum wrap on both sides. Hurry up, get me to my work area............

And no, I've never seen a track worker intentionally do anything to a competitor except maybe the water truck running across a just waved green heat at Brownstown.

1 member likes this post: Aurora78
4/15/24, 4:07 PM   #33
Charles Nungester

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodramazone20 View Post
All and all it was an enjoyable evening of racing. My only critique, and it's a small item, is the time it takes to purchase tickets. Moving up the gate time to 430 pm was a good move, but there were still people waiting in line to get in when hot laps started. There has to be a better and quicker way to sell tickets???? I think the normal weekly shows this will not be a problem, but when a traveling series comes to town, it does seem to be an issue.

This s far from the first time It's happened and my uncle using a walker (He's 83) cannot stand and wait for thirty minutes to a hour.

Im not blaming anyone because it's a before current operator problem as well.

But first thing I'd do is get rid of the arm bands except for pit passes.
Four tickets, Here's four tickets. NEXT.............

Maybe a extra table to the other side of the entry also selling or just scanning pre purchase. Maybe a Banner for that line about 10ft n the air.
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 4/15/24 at 4:08 PM.

4/15/24, 4:19 PM   #34
Charles Nungester

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyhar69 View Post
I often wonder how many people would have handled going to sprint car races in the 50’s, 60’s and early 70’s. The norm back then was 20-25 cars entered and USAC only started 14 cars in the feature . My 1st Hoosier Hundred in 1968 only started 18 cars.
Tim when I started going to the burg we'd have two heats and a fast car dash. and the feature most nights that I can remember. wasn't until the 80s where we'd get some 30 plus. Then wings went way of do-do and we were in low teens at best till they took wings off.

Don't know about USAC, Staab said he tried to make turkey nght several times and they qualified. if you didn't make the show, you didn't make it.

4/15/24, 7:54 PM   #35
mlamb

I gotta say, that crowd at Lburg looked awesome. And I actually think the reconfiguration races well. Lburg has been ridiculed and beaten up and had all kinda negativity of late. I for one am happy Lburg finally achieved some positives. Kudos to the new staff, job well done. I wish you nothing but success. If this guy hadn’t of stepped up, where would Lburg be today?
Last edited by mlamb; 4/15/24 at 8:54 PM.

6 members like this post: captrat, duel, Hubie48, Ilovedirttrackracing, TQ29m, WinglessLovers
4/15/24, 8:30 PM   #36
Charles Nungester

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlamb View Post
I gotta say, that crowd at Lburg looked awesome. And I actually think the reconfiguration races well. Lburg has been ridiculed and beaten and had all kinda negativity of late. I for one am happy Lburg finally achieved some positives. Kudos to the new staff, job well done. I wish you nothing but success. If this guy hadn’t of stepped up, where would Lburg be today?
Closed possibly never to reopen Shane and wife were the only ones to put in a bid.

3 members like this post: mlamb, PIT CART, TQ29m
4/15/24, 11:09 PM   #37
Charles Nungester

More upgrades today. Turn two concession building. More shavings in the pits for a smooth not coarse gravel area and more porta jons for the back stretch on the way.

Oh and Fountain coke machines installed. in main concessions.

4/15/24, 11:34 PM   #38
hoscalecody

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
Guy is barely out of the truck and Ballou is already shoving him. Tow truck guy said he was going to drop the car and leave it there and let them figure out what to do with it, but the USAC official told him not to.
Attached Images
Ballou.png (336.7 KB, 78 views)
Last edited by hoscalecody; 4/16/24 at 12:03 AM.

1 member likes this post: ROSCO
4/16/24, 5:10 AM   #39
Hubie48

I saw the incident on television. It wasn't good and before it happened I kind of wondered why Robert was hanging out the side of the car. The car rubbed the barrier on the opposite side but Ballou was in a rather unsafe position IMO.

The tow truck driver kind of messed up as he drove thru the gap like he didn't have anything in tow. He was favoring barrier side as it was plus there was a car on the hook which increased the length. They did not show the "altercation" on the TV but I figured there would be something.....

Can't win them all as this sure wasn't intentional.

I am not a fan of "work area's" but have zero skin in the game.

4/16/24, 8:11 AM   #40
ROSCO

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoscalecody View Post
What all went on? Everyone I talked that was there when it happened, including ones down in the work area said he's upset about the tow truck passing his work area. Which wouldn't be an issue if he wasn't hanging off the side of the car, which is in it's self a serious safety issue. Some members of the safety crew are even ones saying Roberts the one that made it smoke the exit. All he had to do is ask them to lift the whole car up.

Touching an official or tow/push truck driver should be an automatic multi race suspension and fine. The guy was barely out of truck and Roberts laying his hands on him.
It was not that far from his pit work area, as I had watched the whole thing from the pit stands. He should have not touched the tow truck driver as he was trying to get out of his truck then back in his face again. Lost a lot of respect for Ballou that night as plenty of young fans got to see his over reaction. Will USAC do anything?

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > J.O Memorial, Lawrenceburg. Sat April 13th