Charles Nungester (Online)
  #31 5/5/24 9:33 PM
They said, Cooler yes, BEER NO.
Let that be the end of it.

Charles Nungester
6 Likes: Hubie48, Hustlin-Hoosier, jdull99, Midget98, racenut69, TNRustler
ronmil (Offline)
  #32 5/5/24 10:09 PM
Any feature results yet? How was crowd attendance?

Ron Miller
flagboy55 (Offline)
  #33 5/5/24 10:14 PM
I have not seen results but have heard from a very reliable source that the crowd was sparse
Go Fast (Offline)
  #34 5/5/24 10:32 PM
Jacob Allen wins over Rico.

Gary Ooley

I never had a bad day, just some more challenging than others!
5 Likes: flagboy55, Hubie48, progressive22, ronmil, tirespinner
WinglessLovers (Offline)
  #35 5/5/24 10:34 PM
Finish: Jacob Allen, Rico Abreu, KTJ, Sterling Cling & Skylar Gee.

Bruce Eckel
9 Likes: CRA91, flagboy55, Hustlin-Hoosier, Ilovedirttrackracing, jdull99, racenut69, ronmil, tirespinner, TNRustler
EzDuzIt247 (Offline)
  #36 5/5/24 11:45 PM
Attendance was low. A little controversy with Rico running out of fuel leading and a open red being thrown to allow a fuel stop. Then putting Rico back to third when it appeared he wasn't the only one running out. Rico didn't go down to the podium like Allen and KTJ afterward so I'd say there were some hard feelings.
RACrappieman (Offline)
  #37 5/6/24 12:06 AM
Just got home from the action track. Crowd was indeed very sparse. I’d guess it at 200-300 people unfortunately. I was happy to see Jacob Allen get a win.
5 Likes: flagboy55, Grocery Guy, Hubie48, oppweld, tirespinner
Grocery Guy (Offline)
  #38 5/6/24 9:23 AM
Originally Posted by RACrappieman:
Just got home from the action track. Crowd was indeed very sparse. I’d guess it at 200-300 people unfortunately. I was happy to see Jacob Allen get a win.
Thanks for the update. Sorry to see the crowd report. What were the reasons why the program ran so long? Something happen?
Mud Packer (Offline)
  #39 5/6/24 2:00 PM
Originally Posted by Grocery Guy:
Thanks for the update. Sorry to see the crowd report. What were the reasons why the program ran so long? Something happen?
If they plan on running Sunday evenings, then they'll have to make changes in order to correct the low attendance and car count. Like a number of tracks that we attend, there was never a sense of urgency to move the program along. They certainly didn't take too long for any track prep. A touch up was fine but I'm sure some fans weren't happy with the dust blowing into the grandstands.

We attended this event and also the Amati 68 on Saturday night at Paragon. We came away asking ourselves what exactly happened at both tracks with how the events were officiated. Strange events took place and the announcers were absolutely clueless in explaining anything. When the track announcer tells you what just happened and how they are going to "fix" it, then somehow that doesn't happen, is it any wonder why fans don't come back since it seems someone got the shaft with how it was handled?

It didn't matter to me since I wasn't there supporting just one driver. However, it would have been interesting to hear the explanation back in the pits afterwards. But with a long distance trip ahead and the frustration of starting late, plus more races to follow, we packed up and headed for the exits.

More concerning to me seems to be the numbers. Friday night 9 sprint cars at Bloomington with no other competition other than USAC at Eldora. Saturday night only 16 cars for the biggest show as well as decent paying at Paragon and Sunday night only 21 cars with no competition close by. Interesting times ahead.

Mike

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante
11 Likes: 2fast4u, captrat, Grocery Guy, Hubie48, PJ Wright, racefan20, racenut69, tigerone, tirespinner, TNRustler, wildman92
Charles Nungester (Online)
  #40 5/6/24 2:47 PM
Circle City had at least 17 steel block sprints Fri night.

Charles Nungester
2 Likes: Leohr46, PIT CART