IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
OSF (Offline)
  #91 5/27/15 12:21 AM
Very well said Tom, thanks for supporting the Little 500, see you next year
4 Likes: 767, C Jagger, fish, speed bump
Soldierboy2 (Offline)
  #92 5/27/15 9:35 AM
R u referring to the conversations of the track period trecraft?
rockstar5 (Offline)
  #93 5/27/15 9:51 AM
The only changes I would like to see is effort on race day the track needs put in the effort like they do the week leading up to the race I understand that the fans dont want 20 lap caution to clean up a mess but its better than the infield looking like a junk yard as far as the push trucks practice makes perfect we spent time practicing pit stops it sucks to see a team get screwed by a truck driver it seamed to me the drivers where more interested in watching the race than doing there jobs
Kinser11 (Offline)
  #94 5/27/15 12:58 PM
Originally Posted by oljonesy:
they used to throw bags of oil dry on the track at intervals, anyone remember that? bring back that practice and shut up and race.
I remember, them doing this. I even think they did it under green. I maybe wrong but didn't they use Cement powder?
Kinser11 (Offline)
  #95 5/27/15 1:01 PM
Originally Posted by rockstar5:
The only changes I would like to see is effort on race day the track needs put in the effort like they do the week leading up to the race I understand that the fans dont want 20 lap caution to clean up a mess but its better than the infield looking like a junk yard as far as the push trucks practice makes perfect we spent time practicing pit stops it sucks to see a team get screwed by a truck driver it seamed to me the drivers where more interested in watching the race than doing there jobs
I always thought they should have a school for how to push a Sprint Car off. To be good at it, requires more then having a truck with a push bumper.
3 Likes: Mrs.Goacher5g, team3521, Wizard 05
sprintracer82 (Offline)
  #96 5/27/15 1:52 PM
Kinser11, I do remember my dad telling the story about the bags. They tossed out sandwich bags of dry cement right under green. I also remember they never would throw the red flag. My dad stopped for the huge fire in turn one and two because he refused to drive through it. He went 7 laps down because of it.
Nick Landon
Wizard 05 (Offline)
  #97 5/27/15 4:41 PM
I also agree on the school for push trucks.. I know for a fact that twice my car has been taken out of a feature before it ever got started thanks to them.. even took out a new rear end one night thanks to one.
The Wizard
Dorr,Mi
Kinser11 (Offline)
  #98 5/27/15 5:26 PM
Originally Posted by sprintracer82:
Kinser11, I do remember my dad telling the story about the bags. They tossed out sandwich bags of dry cement right under green. I also remember they never would throw the red flag. My dad stopped for the huge fire in turn one and two because he refused to drive through it. He went 7 laps down because of it.
Nick Landon

Your Dad wasn't pulling your leg for once. lol I will have to see if I can find a old program with the streaks, on the track. I even think it was discussed in a mid 70's program.
rockstar5 (Offline)
  #99 5/27/15 5:28 PM
Originally Posted by Kinser11:
I always thought they should have a school for how to push a Sprint Car off. To be good at it, requires more then having a truck with a push bumper.
You need to start one lol
Joekocjan (Offline)
  #100 5/27/15 11:52 PM
Been trying to get out to see this race for years. Finally made it this year. From a first timer, I wouldn't change a thing. I thought it was a great race. Running 500 laps is gonna take some skill and a lot of luck. That's how it goes. Everyone has to deal with it. And to anyone who thinks this race needs to go to IRP or whatever it's called now is completely nuts
10 Likes: fish, Honest-Sam, interpreter66, Kansasdirtfan, mc/rider, Mrs.Goacher5g, PJ Wright, speed bump, team3521, Tom23