IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Osborn (Offline)
  #1 8/27/18 9:43 PM
Has there been a reasoning other than "a schedule conflict" that's came out about why Larson backed out of the BC39? Him being out will not break this event by any means but it sure takes out a driver a lot of people were looking forward to watching. I'd like to think I'm not standing alone on this curiousness.

Thanks -

Zac
7 Likes: chrismattlin, flagboy55, kartracer99, mc/rider, smith19, Stevensville Mike, turn4
flagboy55 (Offline)
  #2 8/27/18 10:06 PM
Maybe because they want Christopher Bell to win?
jim goerge (Offline)
  #3 8/28/18 3:35 AM
Maybe Chip says no!!!
2 Likes: i love dirt track racing, racenut69
BrentTFunk (Offline)
  #4 8/28/18 5:41 AM
Aren't the outlaws at Chico that night?
2 Likes: jim goerge, luckybuc97
Osborn (Offline)
  #5 8/28/18 8:05 AM
I find it very hard to believe Chip would say no. Especially after he had already entered.
flagboy55 (Offline)
  #6 8/28/18 9:59 AM
You know what I think would be cool is if Kyle, or one of our NASCAR racers that came from USAC racing would do an Indiana Double like Bryan did with the 500!
GYATK94 (Offline)
  #7 8/28/18 10:06 AM
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk:
Aren't the outlaws at Chico that night?
USAC/CRA is at Chico that night. The outlaws are at Chico the following two nights after the BC39, so I don’t really think Larson could run either night with having to practice and qualify in Indianapolis for the Brickyard.
2 Likes: BrentTFunk, flagboy55
SPRINTCAR (Offline)
  #8 8/28/18 10:27 AM
Originally Posted by Osborn:
Has there been a reasoning other than "a schedule conflict" that's came out about why Larson backed out of the BC39? Him being out will not break this event by any means but it sure takes out a driver a lot of people were looking forward to watching. I'd like to think I'm not standing alone on this curiousness.

Thanks -

Zac
Get on his Twitter account and ask him. He will probably answer.
2 Likes: oppweld, tirespinner
kartracer99 (Offline)
  #9 8/28/18 11:31 AM
is there a rain date for the midgets at ims.
Dirteater (Offline)
  #10 8/28/18 1:43 PM
Maybe he’s getting married that week. WoO in California so Brad Sweet and family will be in Cali. Just a thought.
2 Likes: jim goerge, PIT CART