IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
captrat (Offline)
  #81 5/13/20 12:48 PM
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester:
I didn't say Non Transferable. I said Virtually. Which means "MUCH LESS LIKELY"

https://www.fox4now.com/news/coronav...ad-of-covid-19
I certainly hope you are correct. Eric Stone is a local TV meteorologist here in Ft. Myers, FL. After checking his credentials he is not a virologist or communicable disease scientist. I will take the advice of Fauci, Birx, etc. over the local weatherman. Also his post was dated March 19, 2020. We are in a drought with temps over 90 nearly each day, so he might want to reconsider his statement based on anecdotal and limited data.
captrat (Offline)
  #82 5/13/20 1:00 PM
Originally Posted by wingless1:
No way 80,000 covid deaths, do some research.I know a nurse, works at a busy Jacksonville hospital, only 2 covid patients have shown up this whole time. People dying of lung cancer, and heart attacks are being listed as covid deaths, hospitals get 9k for a positive test, and 39k to put someone on a respirator. I don't know who, or what you are listening to, but your info is horribly wrong. Where I work we are averaging 900 walk in customers a day, all during this whole scare, not one employee out of our 4 stores has had a positive test, that is a lot of human contact. I can substantiate every thing I've just stated.
So you have well-researched hard statistical evidence that the 80K deaths is invalid. Source?
HDbill (Offline)
  #83 5/13/20 1:19 PM
I already posted twice that I would. And why I would do that. Some of the posters seem offended by posts that disagree with their OPINION. I don't know why anyone would be on this site that doesn't love open wheelers. So how about this: I want to go racing and I have zero concerns about getting sick. In the last year, I have used more hand sanitizer that I did during the last 40 years and I never used it before then. Just let me exercise my constitutional rights and gather with my friends at the races. And if you are worried that we may give you a virus; Stay home. That is what you are doing now. And I will promise not to get closer than 6' to any body that I don't know. I have a huge problem with "rules" that are made up as they go by people that make them based on their opinions and feelings. Memorial day is coming. Too many are buried in veteran cemeteries. They fought for our freedoms. And I want them back. Stay well and keep the dirty side down..if you can....I will go back to worrying about getting shot by an irate 20 year old husband!......it could happen....someday
17 Likes: addictedtodirt, Charles Nungester, chrismattlin, davidm, duel, i love dirt track racing, interpreter66, jeffj, luckybuc97, motorhead748, opnwhlmnd, PIT CART, PJ Wright, racenut69, skids59, The Old Coyote, TQ29m
PJ Wright (Online)
  #84 5/13/20 6:42 PM
Originally Posted by captrat:
So you have well-researched hard statistical evidence that the 80K deaths is invalid. Source?
Here's an idea: You stay home in your sterile environment pouring over statistics and compiling data while we go watch some sprints and midgets sling dirt. You get to impress us with your superior knowledge and we get to enjoy some awesome racing. Win-win!

You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because you're all the same. Copied from the back of the #16 supermodified.
16 Likes: addictedtodirt, Charles Nungester, chrismattlin, dirt330, Dirteater, duel, i love dirt track racing, interpreter66, jim goerge, Joe Schaub, luckybuc97, motorhead748, opnwhlmnd, PIT CART, racer-x, skids59
jim goerge (Offline)
  #85 5/13/20 7:41 PM
I"m going racing!!! I"ll wear a mask and gloves and whatever else I need. Got some friends who are telling me not to go cuz of my recent surgery, but damit I miss good friends and the action on the track to much to stay home. I figure the 4 bouts of cancer I"ve been though have"nt killed me yet then I"ll mange though this too.
16 Likes: addictedtodirt, davidm, Dirteater, duel, Hustlin-Hoosier, i love dirt track racing, interpreter66, JarrettFarms73, Ken Bonnema, luckybuc97, mc/rider, nathans1012, oppweld, PIT CART, racenut69, Rcar
Joe Schaub (Offline)
  #86 5/13/20 7:56 PM
Originally Posted by captrat:
The director of the IDPH even said the death numbers are not correct. They list a death as being from the Wuhan Virus if they tested positive for the Wuhan Virus. Whether or not the Wuhan Virus killed them or not doesn't matter.

https://newschannel20.com/news/local...cause-of-death

Just here to read threads, enjoy racing and no drama.
2 Likes: addictedtodirt, opnwhlmnd
opnwhlmnd (Offline)
  #87 5/14/20 12:06 AM
I just returned home from Detroit and I live in a west St Louis suburb. Had to do some work with the Detroit Lions at their practice facility for a couple days. They are preparing to let the players back in to practice. On a plus note I did get my signed Matthew Stafford game ball that he left for me. From the amount of traffic I encountered each way there is way more people out now not really caring about their health. The different rules in each state was interesting. Illinois and Michigan strict lock down. Ohio kind of middle. Missouri and Indiana seems to be we have had enough.

I took a box of latex gloves, hand sanitizer, and masks. Seemed to me with me carrying these strange things I couldn't decide if people would think I'm in the medical field or looking for a prostitute. Interesting in Michigan I was required to wear a mask entering any building. I asked the hotel clerk why am I required to wear a mask but you are greeting me without one? He mumbled something in a language I haven't learned yet, looked disgusted, and said room 312 as he handed me the key card. I couldn't resist and asked him if he had washed his hands lately since he didn't have gloves on. Heard same language I haven't learned yet in a louder voice.

I know this doesn't apply to racing but just wanted to share I saw and talked to many people in different states that are tired of sitting home. I know it's not totally safe yet but the NFL teams are some of my better clients and they are getting ready to open I have to take care of them it's part of my job.

Hope to see 50% of you at Haubstadt June 14th or 399 (only selling 400 tickets) of you at USAC Midgets in Tulsa Memorial Day. Skipping WoO at Pevely near home for Tulsa.

Find a purpose in life ..... Be a bad example
9 Likes: addictedtodirt, davidm, duel, GlobalSpeedway Tours, JarrettFarms73, luckybuc97, oppweld, racer-x, skids59
Dirteater (Offline)
  #88 5/14/20 1:19 AM
Yes.

I work in a Whirpool factory with over 2000 people here in Ohio. I use hand sanitizer & Is lil more cautious than before the **** show has started. Haven’t caught the boogie woogie virus yet. But I could’ve had it when I got the Chili bowl flu. Can’t live in fear. If a person doesn’t feel safe, then stay home. No one is making you go out in public. It’s America.
6 Likes: addictedtodirt, Charles Nungester, chrismattlin, opnwhlmnd, PIT CART, skids59
captrat (Offline)
  #89 5/14/20 11:43 AM
Originally Posted by PJ Wright:
Here's an idea: You stay home in your sterile environment pouring over statistics and compiling data while we go watch some sprints and midgets sling dirt. You get to impress us with your superior knowledge and we get to enjoy some awesome racing. Win-win!
For your info I am in my 8th decade of being in and around racing. It is truly sad to see your responses which turn objective discussions into personal diatribes and attacks.
3 Likes: fish, Ken Bonnema, OnTheHammer
addictedtodirt (Offline)
  #90 5/14/20 12:07 PM
Congratulations on making it into your 8 th decade of racing. A truly remarkable feat. One I'm sure you did not accomplish without taking some risk.
The original topic of this post was "would you go". You sir, seem to question everyone's personal decision with questions such as when you asked Midget98 with "even if it endangered the innocent?" It is disappointing that you choose to berate those with a different opinion than yours when you could have answered the original post and left well enough alone.
Be well and I hope you make it into your 9th decade an even bigger fan of open wheel racing.
7 Likes: chrismattlin, Dirteater, interpreter66, JarrettFarms73, OnTheHammer, opnwhlmnd, PIT CART