Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Watching USAC on Flo
2/10/24, 1:34 PM   #11
Re: Watching USAC on Flo
BrentTFunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
I thought he did fine.

Two things to point out. If they are announcing at the track. You don't hear em during racing most times except yellows.

The yelling during the four wide does nothing and even annoys at home, But at the track it adds excitement.
I agree. I think the announcer should always cater to the people at the event.

2/10/24, 3:36 PM   #12
DJlives

and when you cater to the people at the event it doesn't always synch up to what people are watching at home. Sometimes the camera guy is trying to drag the announcer to another battle - sometimes the announcer is dragging the camera along. On a small track, especially with midgets if you turn your attention away from the leader it is sometimes hard to find them again.

1 member likes this post: BrentTFunk
2/10/24, 4:39 PM   #13
S2K

Quote:
Originally Posted by cl124 View Post
Couldn’t agree more that new guy is way better. Felt like I could watch the race for the race it was without the over announcing etc. everyone has different tastes. For me personally I like the change.
Agree with this. Glad that the “over-announcing” and repetitive shtick has moved on. The new announcer does a great job; hope he is full time.

3 members like this post: Chief Wahoo, Dirtfan, Hubie48
2/10/24, 11:31 PM   #14
Jerry Shaw

I've always thought Hulbert was one of the top announcers out there, for quite a few years and for how many ever races he's going to do for the series, that part of their show will be at a high level. And they have a nice bunch of really good drivers doing the whole tour this season, so it ought to be a great year. Although, just like the last half of the previous season, the Justin Grant-Jeff Walker combo seems to have become somewhat of a juggernaut.

Jerry

Winston Churchill
Last edited by Jerry Shaw; 2/10/24 at 11:32 PM.

2/11/24, 9:57 AM   #15
Hubie48

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2K View Post
Agree with this. Glad that the “over-announcing” and repetitive shtick has moved on. The new announcer does a great job; hope he is full time.
I whole heartily agree. It had gotten to the point where I could not watch without the mute function.

2/11/24, 12:51 PM   #16
dsc1600

Hulbert is a long time staple of ASCS, Chili Bowl, Oskaloosa Front Row Challenge etc…

He’s a terrific get for USAC. If you look back on this board, people complained heavily about La Porta, people complained about Chet, and now people are complaining about this guy. I’m beginning to think some just like to complain….

2/11/24, 1:23 PM   #17
BrentTFunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJlives View Post
and when you cater to the people at the event it doesn't always synch up to what people are watching at home. Sometimes the camera guy is trying to drag the announcer to another battle - sometimes the announcer is dragging the camera along. On a small track, especially with midgets if you turn your attention away from the leader it is sometimes hard to find them again.
Very true. I should have worded what I meant better. I was talking about hyping up the parade lap. I try to take younger people who have never been to a sprint car race to races. I think that the hype at the start sure helps those people, who the sport needs, get excited. On the original subject, I thought the announcer did an excellent job.
Last edited by BrentTFunk; 2/11/24 at 1:34 PM.

2 members like this post: Ilovedirttrackracing, oppweld
2/11/24, 2:42 PM   #18
Blitzman

Chet has his own style
Hulbert has his own style

I can listen to both all day long & not get annoyed.

Some people think that USAC has to have the awesomeness of a Ken Squier or Bob Jenkins. Let’s get real, it’s not going to happen. I’m just greatful that we can watch it on our home TV’s, when we can’t make it to the track. People are getting spoiled & entitled.

5 members like this post: BrentTFunk, flagboy55, Hubie48, Ken Bonnema, TQ29m
2/11/24, 3:54 PM   #19
ossuks

What is Blake Anderson doing now?

2/11/24, 4:23 PM   #20
Chief Wahoo

Race Count This Year: 4
Race Count Last Year: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by ossuks View Post
What is Blake Anderson doing now?
Working for Rudeen racing and Skagit Speedway.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Watching USAC on Flo