IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Could USAC do it?
2/5/24, 9:43 AM   #21
Re: Could USAC do it?
BrentTFunk

Fridays Lucas Oil race at All Tech was over at midnight. Pretty late for a show where all cars had starters.

1 member likes this post: Hubie48
2/5/24, 1:08 PM   #22
JakeCroxton

I supposed that 1:22 minute show during Gas City sprint week where we beat the tornadoes and had the semi transfers/feature lineup to the trailer before the cars were off the track from the semi doesn't count...right...

I also remember every time I was down there...there were 60 Mod Lites for their speedweeks championship. We always ran like we had rain coming, whether we had rain coming or not...
Last edited by JakeCroxton; 2/5/24 at 1:31 PM.

2/5/24, 1:41 PM   #23
yeleyfan76

I’m reading a lot of jabbing about how long the shows are for cars with starters and without. I’m reading about how the narrative is bad about the Usac show even-though the guy in charge is serious. I’m reading about support classes and the like. What I’m not reading is about how wonderful the series we all love to watch is going to race for big big money. Lolmds has 12 shows at 50gs, WoOlmds 3 at 50k and 3 at 35k. I wanna read about these guys running for that kind of money. Not reading how a perennial champ who is trying for a 5th title needs sponsorship for Florida from one of his competitors. I wanna read about how these guys are popular nationally. Not reading about someone wanting the schedule to be mainly located in one state for a National series. This season I feel the series gets around a bunch even with losing the Cali/Az races for the second season and probably for a while. The only area that gets multiple shows is Indiana and I just wish I would read how the crowds for USAC sprint races were huge.
This Friday starts a new season. After that late models and non wing sprints will be on different paths for different money. IMO the racing in SLM racing isn’t the greatest. Start fast cars up front and hope for Moran,RTJ, and Terbo to time poorly so maybe there is passing? I’d hope the racing this year is tight with 15 teams following the tour, we will see. Just wish we were talking about big purses and not the things I mentioned.

2 members like this post: addictedtodirt, stp6237
2/5/24, 2:17 PM   #24
mlamb

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeCroxton View Post
I supposed that 1:22 minute show during Gas City sprint week where we beat the tornadoes and had the semi transfers/feature lineup to the trailer before the cars were off the track from the semi doesn't count...right...
Nor would the extremely fast ISW show Brady Short won at Brownstown Speedway when storms were looming.

Personally I have issues with extremely long drawn out programs at certain race tracks more so than a USAC events.
I understand I live in an imperfect world and things happen many times out of control. (I don’t like 27 classes of cars per night) But I understand at track has to do what a track
has to do to survive .But I don’t have to attend. While I don’t like leaving early II also understand this is an option for me if I need to use it.
Racing will never be perfect and I accept that. IMy butt your butt in that seat still is important. I’ll support them when I can.

2/7/24, 2:05 PM   #25
ThrowbackRacingTeam

Can’t remember any time I went to a race hoping to leave as soon as possible.

2 members like this post: monkeyboy, nathans1012
2/7/24, 3:17 PM   #26
Grocery Guy

Race Count This Year: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrowbackRacingTeam View Post
Can’t remember any time I went to a race hoping to leave as soon as possible.
But I can surely remember the tracks that I have gone to that are unprepared on regular nights, start late, take excessive intermissions and run features past 10:30pm or 11pm at night. If I'm in the minority than I must be alone. There are lots of other places I can spend my discretionary money. Been a race fan since the late 60's and it's disappointing there are tracks that still operate like this. Hoping for a great 2024 season. 🏁

2/7/24, 4:42 PM   #27
racefan20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grocery Guy View Post
But I can surely remember the tracks that I have gone to that are unprepared on regular nights, start late, take excessive intermissions and run features past 10:30pm or 11pm at night. If I'm in the minority than I must be alone. There are lots of other places I can spend my discretionary money. Been a race fan since the late 60's and it's disappointing there are tracks that still operate like this. Hoping for a great 2024 season. 🏁
You are not alone.

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

2/8/24, 8:39 AM   #28
motorhead748

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grocery Guy View Post
You are not alone. Plenty of times I’ve left early for a variety of reasons.
There is a track about 2 hours from me. I enjoy the track but the operation of it is horrible. They’ll advertise a 7:30 start but I can typically wait to leave home until then and make the 2 hour ride to get there and not miss 1 race.

2 members like this post: Grocery Guy, tirespinner
2/10/24, 10:12 AM   #29
BrentTFunk

Friday nights race was over at 9:30 at Ocala. that included 2 very long crash clean ups. Pretty solid.

2/10/24, 7:49 PM   #30
ossuks

3 heats, semi, feature in 2 hrs.?

2 members like this post: ISF, PIT CART
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Could USAC do it?