IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
TNR22 (Offline)
  #11 7/10/11 5:24 PM
Originally Posted by tricky3t33:
they have had way to many years to get this place ready for sprint cup race.i sat in traffic for 3 hours to just go 3 miles!parked my car on the side of the road and walked another 3 miles to get to the race track.walking on the main road into race track,i could see alot of EMPTY parking places that they could have parked alot more cars and 4 dollors for a bottle of HOT water.i will never ever go back to that place again!!some people did not even get to see the race.i fill very sorry for those people the most.
Hey Rickey there was a real race at Waynesfeild last night, you should have went there instead LOL
2 Likes: Need For Speed, tricky3t33
petey (Offline)
  #12 7/10/11 6:09 PM
Ugh when are people going to learn to quit wasting their money on big league racing and discover dirt track racing? It's gotta cost around three times that of a sprint race to attend a NASCAR event. Hope some of those people go to The Burg tonight.
Vukie (Offline)
  #13 7/10/11 6:28 PM
[QUOTE=petey;239924]Ugh when are people going to learn to quit wasting their money on big league racing and discover dirt track racing? It's gotta cost around three times that of a sprint race to attend a NASCAR event. Hope some of those people go to The Burg tonight.[/QUOTE

Can you imagine some poor truck driver or a family on vacation being stuck in that mess for hours.

http://nascar.speedtv.com/article/je...-now-kentucky/
sceckert (Offline)
  #14 7/10/11 6:29 PM
Kentucky Speedway statement on traffic: General Manager Mark Simendinger says, "We’ve had an overwhelming response to our inaugural NASCAR Sprint Cup Series “Quaker State400.” We know we had challenges related to traffic. We’re already planning improvements and looking forward to a much better situation for next year’s event."

Well, there you have it. Just a little speedbump to massage a bit so next year can be all sorts of enjoyable. I think the moral here is what Bruton Smith wants, he gets, whether he deserves it or not. They've been yapping for years about wanting this event, and Now they're realizing the shortcomings? Here comes the tax hikes in the state of Kentucky to build a revised road and access system...all to keep an event which I've yet to hear one person declare to be anything other than an artistic abomination.

For this they cleared a date away from Darlington?
Phylo82 (Offline)
  #15 7/10/11 8:08 PM
Getting through the traffic would have been worth it if the racing was good.....the race sucked!

Phil Heil
#13e Maxim Sprint
Owner, Crew Chief, Pit Crew, Hauler, Check Writer, Grunt
speed bump (Offline)
  #16 7/10/11 8:14 PM
Sure it did...It was a NASCAR race......KOKOMO on the other hand last night was GREAT...
3 Likes: dirtball, jim goerge, mikeham73
petey (Offline)
  #17 7/10/11 8:27 PM
Originally Posted by sceckert:
For this they cleared a date away from Darlington?
I really miss Rockingham. Atlanta is down to one date now too.
Bad Dad 54 (Offline)
  #18 7/10/11 9:32 PM
That's why I skip NAPCAR Races altogether, 3 hrs getting out of MIS & Charlotte was a little longer. Only short track I've had trouble w/ was Berlin but didn't take no where near as long as the others
REH24 (Offline)
  #19 7/10/11 10:21 PM
Originally Posted by petey:
Ugh when are people going to learn to quit wasting their money on big league racing and discover dirt track racing? It's gotta cost around three times that of a sprint race to attend a NASCAR event. Hope some of those people go to The Burg tonight.
You have to realize a lot of those people were "event goers" and not real race fans.

REH
jim goerge (Offline)
  #20 7/11/11 2:07 AM
Originally Posted by petey:
I am not sure I want these napcar fans at a sprint race cuz they wanta stand up all night and with my luck they will be in front of me
5 Likes: cleatziff, ISF, Mud Packer, racefan20, ronmil