IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
somebodysmam (Offline)
  #81 7/11/13 6:39 PM
mimispeed you need to get your facts straight. I worked for AMSA for years and 2 cars motor were checked weekly.Random pick. Safety checks were done quietly and without fanfare. We got a lot of grief from some when it was pointed out the rules. Also the DQ at Lawrenceburg The Driver told us not to send fuel to be tested because he knew it wouldn't pass.
minispeed (Offline)
  #82 7/11/13 7:46 PM
Get your facts straight. I said crash not fuel dum dum. Lol Roberts crash. When Roberts said rod hit him and with no evidence Jerry gave rod the boot.

Posted via Mobile Device
somebodysmam (Offline)
  #83 7/11/13 8:34 PM
Guess I'm also blind never seen the word CRASH.
suzuki756 (Offline)
  #84 7/11/13 9:12 PM
Because of this stuff Rod is smart tech it now then he goes to trailer swaps motors put the fire eater in then they don't check it after a win
Damn wonder if I could do this
Nope can't change it that fast

Posted via Mobile Device
suzuki756 (Offline)
  #85 7/11/13 9:19 PM
I was right behind that crash it was ugly but a bad bad call on jerry it was a racing thing left front to RR not intended to happen 2 cars same line
And hell yes jerry has had the ass for him and few others and favored a few

Posted via Mobile Device
suzuki756 (Offline)
  #86 7/11/13 9:27 PM
Originally Posted by suzuki756:
Because of this stuff Rod is smart tech it now then he goes to trailer swaps motors put the fire eater in then they don't check it after a win
Damn wonder if I could do this
Nope can't change it that fast

Posted via Mobile Device
Damn wonder if they will be big motors @ eldora tomorrow going to race my 360 I bet there will be a better engine there than mine . Well hell maybe I should stay home

Posted via Mobile Device
DAD (Offline)
  #87 7/11/13 9:48 PM
Originally Posted by suzuki756:
I was right behind that crash it was ugly but a bad bad call on jerry it was a racing thing left front to RR not intended to happen 2 cars same line
And hell yes jerry has had the ass for him and few others and favored a few

Posted via Mobile Device
They been doing that same thing for years a lot of the time there is "malice intent" by the overtaking driver.

So they DQ us because we run battle bars that stick out beyond the rear tire when we pull the tire all the way in. That would have been a non wreck with 4 point bars with the outside bar even with the outside the tire, much much more safer set up.

So what is the reason for writing the rule the way it is now. Why don't USAC and other open wheel groups use this rule???

Can anyone give me a reasonable answer, other than that is how we always done it.

I guess by no direct response Mr. Striker the answer to your request would be no, Why don't you offer an added weight incentive to kinda of sweeten the deal sure would like to see you guys race with us, but taking that Midget purse shouldn't be that bad.

Trust me them old "Hench" and "Foz" cars don't want anything to do with you with or without a "BUILT" motor.

Honest Dad himself
Blacklowrider96 (Offline)
  #88 7/11/13 10:04 PM
Isn't this racing you need to come with a set of legitimate rules instead of basing it off **** you got especially if you run up front, why beat the book to death don't you want competition isn't that what racing is about

Posted via Mobile Device
Blacklowrider96 (Offline)
  #89 7/11/13 10:16 PM
The guys who beat the rule book to death are usually the biggest cheaters look at my left hand while I stab you with my right its pathetic to ***** about motors when you run up front consistently trade motors with the last place guy I mean a lot of driving is talent RIGHT!

Posted via Mobile Device
DAD (Offline)
  #90 7/11/13 10:19 PM
Originally Posted by Blacklowrider96:
Isn't this racing you need to come with a set of legitimate rules instead of basing it off **** you got especially if you run up front, why beat the book to death don't you want competition isn't that what racing is about

Posted via Mobile Device
MMSA doesn't have a book they are doing good to have a page and+++++++"THAT IS A GOOD THING". Some racers race to win with the rule book. Bill like everybody else got a little "BMW Fobia" this year but hopefully he will get over it. Keep the motors stock, keep them new 1 or 2 years old and you got what we always had good cheap racing.

The unfortunate thing is there has always been a horsepower race between the Orienttal bikes but them darned Dutch came at it with a vengeance and the magazines wore the hype out writing how bad they were (translated money exchanging hands). Then we got into this continued wearing down of the "American Economic Engine" by people intent on putting us in our place. Couple that with high gas prices, a tsunami in Japan and a bunch of other racers in different type cars falling in love with our engines, low import numbers and low sales numbers and you get in our racing world what the rest of the American People are getting ready to experience "INFLATION"!

Honest Dad himself