IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
revjimk (Offline)
  #1 4/29/24 2:07 PM
I have plane tix to hit "Lets Race 2" at Eldora... Weather isn't looking so good
Who's got the magic?
2 Likes: Ilovedirttrackracing, Pancho Stapp
Pancho Stapp (Offline)
  #2 4/29/24 3:24 PM
I live due west of The Big “E” across the state line my drive is 50 minutes. As of now Friday has a 40% chance of rain increasing to 50% by evening. Saturday is the same but the percentages get better at 25% for Saturday night. I hope your trip is successful and you get to enjoy the races. I will be there both nights. Section I on Friday and Section J on Saturday, the three tier bleachers as you walk in above the concrete grandstand.
3 Likes: EBookerFan, Ilovedirttrackracing, oppweld
Fumanchu (Offline)
  #3 4/29/24 4:45 PM
I will be starting my way back there Thursday planes , trains , and automobiles haha plan to be at Eldora by 2 pm. Friday
Hope we get both days in and then Heading over to the BIG cars at Winchester Sunday and weather looks very nice.

Who knows if that race gets done by 4pm might make the drive down to Terre Haute for the Sunday night show.

All weather permitting of course
8 Likes: cmakin, duel, erich45, flagboy55, Ilovedirttrackracing, oppweld, Pancho Stapp, PIT CART
EldoraMark (Offline)
  #4 4/30/24 7:28 AM
I was camped at Kokomo for four days last week and didn't see any races. Plan on driving the long 10 mile trip to Eldora for another try. If it rains I will still have a good time with friends.
8 Likes: BrentTFunk, captrat, duel, flagboy55, Hubie48, Hustlin-Hoosier, Ilovedirttrackracing, ISF
flagboy55 (Offline)
  #5 4/30/24 10:24 AM
Not only weather to talk about but also whether the car count will be good. Some on the Twitter were worried about the wing count as High Limit is running I believe in Kanas or Oklahoma. Usually this is a pretty well attended race as far as participants. What’s your thoughts?
cmakin (Offline)
  #6 4/30/24 12:48 PM
Originally Posted by Fumanchu:
I will be starting my way back there Thursday planes , trains , and automobiles haha plan to be at Eldora by 2 pm. Friday
Hope we get both days in and then Heading over to the BIG cars at Winchester Sunday and weather looks very nice.

Who knows if that race gets done by 4pm might make the drive down to Terre Haute for the Sunday night show.

All weather permitting of course
It has been a few years, but a couple of times I have shot racing at both Winchester and Kokomo on the same day. . . . worth the grind.

Be sure to visit www.manvelmotorsports.com. 2024 Robert Ballou Calendars are available.
3 Likes: flagboy55, Hustlin-Hoosier, racenut69
revjimk (Offline)
  #7 4/30/24 1:29 PM
Originally Posted by Pancho Stapp:
I live due west of The Big “E” across the state line my drive is 50 minutes. As of now Friday has a 40% chance of rain increasing to 50% by evening. Saturday is the same but the percentages get better at 25% for Saturday night. I hope your trip is successful and you get to enjoy the races. I will be there both nights. Section I on Friday and Section J on Saturday, the three tier bleachers as you walk in above the concrete grandstand.
Where are you getting your weather reports?
PIT CART (Offline)
  #8 4/30/24 3:01 PM
I live in northeast Indiana and won’t look at the weather until 2:00 on Friday. I’m sure it’s going to change every day between now and then. 🏁🍺
2 Likes: flagboy55, itsanonwingthing
jmamcd (Offline)
  #9 4/30/24 4:26 PM
Winchester Silver Crown scheduled to start at 3 PM.
2 Likes: duel, flagboy55
revjimk (Offline)
  #10 4/30/24 5:39 PM
Originally Posted by PIT CART:
I live in northeast Indiana and won’t look at the weather until 2:00 on Friday. I’m sure it’s going to change every day between now and then. 🏁🍺
I wish I lived close enough to have that option
Plane fares & $$$ make it more complicated