IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Does anyone paint and not powdercoat their dirt car?
12/1/14, 4:37 PM   #11
Re: Does anyone paint and not powdercoat their dirt car?
dshort36

Powdercoat for sure..

1 member likes this post: i love dirt track racing
12/1/14, 11:59 PM   #12
Mattmac05

I will never powder coat a brand new frame because if you leave it bare you can weld on it and fix it and never have to repaint or powdercoat it. Just leave it bare metal and use either a clear coat or oil to keep it from rusting. I have heard that if a frame has been painted or powder coated you cannot strip it and leave it bare though. Paint chips too much. Powder coat chips and you have to repowder coat it every time it needs fixed or try and match spray paint and powder coat(and just about every race car needs fixed at one point). Gale enameling does a good job for a reasonable price. He is located in plainfield, in.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Does anyone paint and not powdercoat their dirt car?