IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Places to run non wing dirt next year?
8/16/14, 12:49 AM   #1
Places to run non wing dirt next year?
zerospeed

I've pretty much decided I'm done with pavement, tried running dirt last week and loved it. Asphalt sprint cars are dying and I want another sprint car so dirt is where I think I'm going to go. I keep tossing back and forth between a 360, or a 410. I'm in SE Michigan, and about the only winged 410 stuff I'd run is Butler to start out probably. I'm thinking about a 360 to run SOD, MTS, Butler, Waynesfield...and more....or maybe I'll just get a 410 and run Butler and just non wing stuff with it. Where can I run non wing in Indiana, Ohio, and Michigan? Waynesfield, BOSS, MTS...what weekly tracks am I missing? The only thing that makes me want a 410 is I think it will be more durable for non wing as I won't strain the motor as much...but maybe I'm wrong. Any advice?

8/16/14, 3:49 AM   #2
wideopen24

A well built 360 is plenty of motor for any MTS, Waynesfield, or even Butler local show. You would actually need a better engine to compete with SOD as the competition and equipment are on a higher level. You can't pick up a decent 410 for 10-12 grand... A 360 capable of winning 12-18. It's ass backwards but reality. There's a lot of good Non Wing racing in Ohio, Mich, PA thanks to BOSS, MTS and Waynesfield with special shows here and there.
Last edited by wideopen24; 8/16/14 at 4:00 AM.

8/16/14, 6:38 AM   #3
sprintracer82

I would run a 360. In fact I am rebuilding my 360 this winter for racing in Michigan. Believe it or not I find that I end up not using the 410 to its full potential do to the generally slick tracks here in Michigan. Plus with a 360 if you want to go wing dinging you can go anywhere in the state. I've never ran a wing on dirt but I hear its fun to do once in a while. I think my first time will be the outlaw show at Berlin. If you have any questions feel free to contact me. I'll send you my number. I'm located just south of Grand Rapids.

Nick Landon
Landon Racing #82

I also have a nonwing coil front kit I am selling if you want to make the full commitment to nonwing. Under 12 races on it.
Last edited by sprintracer82; 8/16/14 at 6:41 AM.

1 member likes this post: speed bump
8/16/14, 8:00 AM   #4
Re: Places to run non wing dirt next year?
Can26

If you are in S.E. Mi., you can add a couple of race dates in Ontario as well. There are the SOS, and Ohsweken weekly sprints that run 360's plus the Ontario topless Sprints that run open rules. As I always figured, 4hrs east or 4hrs west, it's still 4hrs...

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Places to run non wing dirt next year?