IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Chris Nunn (Offline)
  #1 6/22/14 2:39 PM
Found these at my grandparents house. This has to be from the mid 60's. Names are hard to read but this is from Bloomington speedway.
Attachments:
image.jpg (1.16 MB)

Chris Nunn
812-360-6711
nunnc812@gmail.com
18 Likes: bigq11, BrentTFunk, Danny Burton, dirtnonwingfan, EBookerFan, fish, Flatrightrear, gary curry, jim goerge, mpvintage54, nathans1012, Phylo82, racegal, racing2bwithu2, rclaridge, Seadog, SprintManDave, TommyTipover
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #2 6/22/14 3:27 PM
No 120pd drivers in that pic. My guess is very late 60s, very early 70s

Charles Nungester
Jerry Shaw (Offline)
  #3 6/22/14 4:12 PM
Pretty sure that's a Paragon photo, Chris. The same photo, same handwriting and everything was posted on the Edd Sheppard Hall of Fame Inductee Facebook page, last year in the time leading up to his induction.

Jerry

A man is about as big as the things that make him angry.

Winston Churchill
DND (Offline)
  #4 6/22/14 4:31 PM
My dad, Don Fisher, drove the 44 car in 1963 (the year he won the Kokomo Speedway championship). I believe he may actually be the one numbered 11 in the picture. We still have that uniform and may still have those goggles.
2 Likes: fish, racegal
Jerry Shaw (Offline)
  #5 6/22/14 4:41 PM
Here's the whole pic. It doesn't say exactly what year it was. It just mentions both tracks and says the pic is a photo for SCIRA. It does give you a good idea of what kind of racing you would see if you went to either one of those tracks, on any given weekend night in the 60's or 70's.

Winston Churchill
4 Likes: EBookerFan, fish, jim goerge, mc/rider
rclaridge (Offline)
  #6 6/22/14 4:46 PM
I think Chris is correct, has to be mid '60s.The #15 of Don Jackson was my uncle's car that he only had for three years.
2 Likes: Charles Nungester, ROSS
Chris Nunn (Offline)
  #7 6/22/14 4:47 PM
I have a stock car version of this as well. It's all pretty good stuff.

Chris Nunn
812-360-6711
nunnc812@gmail.com
Jerry Shaw (Offline)
  #8 6/22/14 4:50 PM
Look at Sheldon. How young he was in this pic. And how he pretty much towered over most the other drivers.

Winston Churchill
2 Likes: fish, jim goerge
badcoupe (Offline)
  #9 6/22/14 4:57 PM
I love seeing racin history like this, I'm only 33. I wish were around for the heyday of openwheel racing!
2 Likes: Slidejob71, sprint18
TQ29m (Offline)
  #10 6/22/14 5:47 PM
Spent a few nights helping several of these guys myself, finding help in those days wasn't a big problem, lots of us guys had a lot more time, than money, so we become "crew members", good or bad. Bob

"Being old, isn't half as much fun, as getting there"! Ole Robert I!