IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Gas City I-69 Speedway NEWS.
1/9/24, 3:25 PM   #1
Gas City I-69 Speedway NEWS.
nathans1012

Race Count This Year: 7
Race Count Last Year: 34

FROM THE TRACKS FACEBOOK PAGE.

Looking ahead to 2024. Sometimes, despite the best intentions - thing are not meant to be and for the betterment, changes are made. Such is the case for Gas City I-69 Speedway and my involvement there.
The facility will be under new management in 2024 and the proud heritage of the 'Gasser' will continue under good hands and guidance. Stay tuned for announcements.
I want to thank the great team at Gas City and hope that they can continue in their roles that they love so well.
This is a tough move and will undoubtedly be discussed heavily over social media, but things just didn't work out. With that being said, think and talk positive, keep the race track alive and show support.

3/26/24, 9:13 AM   #2
Re: Gas City I-69 Speedway NEWS.
racegal

Race Count This Year: 19

I see Gas City is on the USAC schedule for 2024. I sure hope all goes well!

2 members like this post: Ilovedirttrackracing, rapid robert
3/26/24, 10:30 AM   #3
LUCKYONE

That's been on there web for awhile?

2 members like this post: PIT CART, racegal
3/26/24, 12:23 PM   #4
Speedmax3

Quote:
Originally Posted by racegal View Post
I see Gas City is on the USAC schedule for 2024. I sure hope all goes well!
The information that people are posting that are close to the situation at Gas City is that the owner is no longer interested someone taking over promotion and the track is once again for sale. Price around four million is being tossed around on social media for anyone looking to buy a nice track. I'll need to win the lottery first. I'm afraid it looks like the USAC races that are scheduled will probably be cancelled.

2 members like this post: racegal, tirespinner
3/26/24, 7:51 PM   #5
Stevensville Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedmax3 View Post
Price around four million is being tossed around on social media for anyone looking to buy a nice track.
That is a little hard for me to believe. Without doing in-depth math.... recouping your initial $4M investment.....?

Maybe $400,000? That's about the ballpark for when Hartford and I-96 Speedways sold up here North of the border in recent year's past, if I recall.

3 members like this post: dkdorkboy, Grocery Guy, tirespinner
3/26/24, 8:06 PM   #6
PJ Wright

If someone pays 4 million you better believe it's not going to remain a racetrack.
You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because you're all the same. Copied from the back of the #16 supermodified.

3/26/24, 8:48 PM   #7
Stevensville Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ Wright View Post
If someone pays 4 million you better believe it's not going to remain a racetrack.
Now you have a good point. I never thought of that angle.

A Pilot or a Love's truck stop.... close to I-69. I can see it in the crystal ball.

Unfortunately.

3 members like this post: cowboyhar69, tirespinner, TQ29m
3/27/24, 1:12 PM   #8
Tk04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevensville Mike View Post
That is a little hard for me to believe. Without doing in-depth math.... recouping your initial $4M investment.....?

Maybe $400,000? That's about the ballpark for when Hartford and I-96 Speedways sold up here North of the border in recent year's past, if I recall.
I believe it's in the 2 million category race ready, but there is a lot of updates that need to take place. Idk the whole story, but I don't think the family wants to lease it again. Being as much as it is and in prime location I'm afraid we have all probably seen our last race there unfortunately. Back when it reopened in the 90s and early 2000s just making the feature there across all classes was a big deal, and I've seen a lot of great races there. Def a big part of my childhood!

Tk

5 members like this post: BrentTFunk, PAW, PJ Wright, Speedmax3, tirespinner
3/27/24, 1:35 PM   #9
TQ29m

Reminds me of what happened to the Atomic race track at oak ridge, Tennessee, racing slowed down, and the trucking company there took over, easy move,don't know what is there now,last time we were there, track was gone and trucks everywhere, been a while back
Last edited by TQ29m; 3/27/24 at 1:38 PM.

1 member likes this post: BrentTFunk
3/28/24, 4:59 PM   #10
Jonr

I know that this was mentioned earlier, but one assumption is that USAC is leasing the track directly from the owners for their scheduled dates, and was going to be the promoter of the races themselves. I sincerely doubt that USAC would put the races on the schedule without a signed contract from someone.

Everyone assumed that USAC would benefit from the regular leaser getting the track in race condition. How much work would it take for USAC to get Gas City prepared to race?

I understand that if the owner sells the land to a developer that this is all a moot point.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Gas City I-69 Speedway NEWS.