IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > and here we go again . lol.
8/28/22, 12:49 PM   #21
Re: and here we go again . lol.
Andrew S. Quinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilovedirttrackracing View Post
Wow when I heard aq I couldn't believe it. It was great to see you and thanks for stopping by and sharing your thoughts with the racing family. Bill from NY said that guy was definitely a history guy about racing and Bill from NY and his family have been involved with racing for along time. I just listen to all the great racing history that you both shared together and it's unbelievable stuff. Thanks for stopping by aq and sharing your thoughts and memories. Wow. You can't make this stuff up. Lmao ��. Thanks ��
Yeah Bill was interesting to chat with. Lucky we both had our phones with photos in them,or access to photos. When he mentioned 3/4 midgets and I asked if he went to Pine Brook in New Jersey,that started things off,from talking about Tony Bonadies,to Bill Holland,Jimmy Maguire, (raced with one arm) Langhorn,Islip,Freeport,Charlie Jazombeck, Richie Evans,NASCAR Modifieds etc. When he showed me a pic of him racing a NASCAR Modified on the high side of another car,I said thats the Wilsberg 5 and Greg Sacks leading. I think that surely surprised him !

He shocked me when I showed him a pic of the Caruso # 3 getting the body redone at Van Craft years ago,and he guessed correctly that it was Bob Harkey the 1964 Indy 500 8th place finisher putting the body panels on the car. I told him that Bob was the only Indy driver I have taken to lunch,and more than once!
Last edited by Andrew S. Quinn; 8/28/22 at 12:50 PM.

3 members like this post: Ilovedirttrackracing, tirespinner, wildman92
8/28/22, 12:50 PM   #22
wildman92

Race Count This Year: 50

Will we see the racing families Friday night at the Josh Burton Memorial? Thanks. 👏🏻

3 members like this post: Andrew S. Quinn, Chief Wahoo, Ilovedirttrackracing
8/28/22, 12:57 PM   #23
Ilovedirttrackracing

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildman92 View Post
Will we see the racing families Friday night at the Josh Burton Memorial? Thanks. 👏🏻
We need a Kodak moment and life time memories together ❤️. We will be in the house and waiting for them great hugs. 👍 thanks 👏

4 members like this post: Andrew S. Quinn, Chief Wahoo, Hustlin-Hoosier, wildman92
8/28/22, 1:37 PM   #24
Re: and here we go again . lol.
Andrew S. Quinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildman92 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilovedirttrackracing View Post
We need a Kodak moment and life time memories together ❤️. We will be at your house camping out and will bring our own air mattresses and Silver Bullets and waiting for them great hugs from Dan. 👍 thanks 👏
My neighbor that I grew up next door to in Maine is coming to Indiana this weekend for some non wing sprint car racing.His family took me to my first race,must be 50 or more years ago now. He was out for the Smackdown in 2016 for his first NON wing sprint car races. He asked earlier about going racing and checking car shows out too. I told him to come out Labor Day weekend,as its the big weekend at the Auburn Cord Deusenberg museum in Auburn. We're also going to the Studebaker museum in South Bend. His dad had a few Studebakers when we were kids. He said he's looking forward to going there as well.

Gas City is more on the way home from Auburn,so probably go there Friday night.

8/28/22, 2:58 PM   #25
mc/rider

Race Count This Year: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew S. Quinn View Post
Did they buy??
He didnt want to bust a 100$ bills so I had to leave the tip
Last edited by mc/rider; 8/28/22 at 3:13 PM.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > and here we go again . lol.