IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Charles Nungester (Online)
  #11 8/21/22 11:58 AM
Dick Gaines Memorial now Sept 3rd. Armbands honored.

Was at Fairgrounds all day yesterday for picnic. Rudy warned us a storm was coming a little after one. Well we had salt and pepper packets scattered throughout fairgrounds as well as toppling garbage cans and other items. Kept raining harder and harder. But it stopped and he got the track ready. To be dumped on again.

Cant tell you how many times I've been down there and watched storms all around but never hit the track. This year defy's that entirely.

Charles Nungester
Ilovedirttrackracing (Online)
  #12 8/21/22 12:26 PM
Originally Posted by mc/rider:
I just might stop by
Your simply part of the racing family. I will see the mc parked out at the hotel and say hello to you buddy 😀. Thanks 👏
5 Likes: Andrew S. Quinn, luckybuc97, mc/rider, racenut69, tirespinner
mc/rider (Offline)
  #13 8/21/22 5:45 PM
Start packing tomorrow

When in doubt Gas It
3 Likes: Ilovedirttrackracing, racenut69, tirespinner
Chief Wahoo (Offline)
  #14 8/27/22 7:33 PM
Rumor has it you were spotted on the “Balloudozer” trying to make a quick getaway

Eat dirt, be happy
Let’s go Brandon!!
Bryan Hirshman
6 Likes: Andrew S. Quinn, Ilovedirttrackracing, luckybuc97, racenut69, tirespinner, wildman92
Andrew S. Quinn (Offline)
  #15 8/28/22 11:46 AM
Originally Posted by Chief Wahoo:
Rumor has it you were spotted on the “Balloudozer” trying to make a quick getaway
Originally Posted by Ilovedirttrackracing:
Yes,I was so excited to get my photo taken on the "Balloudozer"
Robert invited me up to try it out in back of the shop some weekend. It will be great fun. I am going to take all my old Tonka trucks with me too. It will be like being a kid all over again! I've hardly slept all weekend from being so excited. I might have to call in sick at work on Monday and Tuesday this week,,,,,
I saw Rick,but none of the normal Indiana racing Families were there. Rick didnt even see me,despite driving a rather obvious looking car you dont see every day,much the same as a few years ago crossing 16th street on Carb day at Indy,and I had to holler at him to get out of the road. I had to start singing "All the boys around here,drinking our watered down beer" and that got his attention. I offered to add some water.so he'd be drinking Coors "Extra Light", but he passed on that.

I got to meet his out of state racing families from NY,Iowa,Wisconsin,Ohio etc. One of the ladies from Toledo said she reads my posts picking on Rick (Good naturedly of course) and the guy from New York and I got so involved on talking racing,that he got a phone call and told whoever was calling that he was talking to a guy that knows all about what he knows,so he'd have to talk later !
6 Likes: Chief Wahoo, Dirtfan, Ilovedirttrackracing, luckybuc97, racenut69, wildman92
Dirtfan (Offline)
  #16 8/28/22 12:14 PM
How about this:
Attachments:
26860.jpeg (129.5 KB)

Dan Hetser

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"
6 Likes: Andrew S. Quinn, Chief Wahoo, Ilovedirttrackracing, mc/rider, racenut69, wildman92
mc/rider (Offline)
  #17 8/28/22 12:24 PM
Originally Posted by Dirtfan:
How about this:
I ate breakfast with that crowd

When in doubt Gas It
4 Likes: Chief Wahoo, Ilovedirttrackracing, luckybuc97, racenut69
  #18 8/28/22 12:33 PM
Wow when I heard aq I couldn't believe it. It was great to see you and thanks for stopping by and sharing your thoughts with the racing family. Bill from NY said that guy was definitely a history guy about racing and Bill from NY and his family have been involved with racing for along time. I just listen to all the great racing history that you both shared together and it's unbelievable stuff. Thanks for stopping by aq and sharing your thoughts and memories. Wow. You can't make this stuff up. Lmao 🤣. Thanks 👏
2 Likes: luckybuc97, wildman92
Andrew S. Quinn (Offline)
  #19 8/28/22 12:35 PM
Originally Posted by mc/rider:
I ate breakfast with that crowd
Did they buy??
  #20 8/28/22 12:37 PM
Originally Posted by Dirtfan:
How about this:
Unbelievable can't we all just get along. Great Kodak and life time memories were made again. Lol. Thanks 👏
3 Likes: Andrew S. Quinn, Chief Wahoo, wildman92